How to get Google Voicemail OFF my Rezound??!!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get google voicemail off of my Rezound and Verizon back. I have done all the dialing... *73, *900 and *920... no good. If I go Settings>Call>Voicemail is says My Carrier but the number it is calling is google. HELP!!!!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, cannot get rid of the icon in notification...

uploadfromtaptalk1355005969150.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
*73 will only turn off the *71<GV#> forwarding (the only one you really need), it won't clear the VM notification.

First thing I would do is dial *86 and log into your regular Verizon VM and make sure that there isn't a message there, then go to Settings->Call and change the Voicemail service drop down to My Carrier, then hit the Clear voicemail notifications. If it still is there, dial your GV number and listen to the message and delete it.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got it to where if I dial my number from my phone, I get my Verizon voice mail. But in settings it still shows the Google number and hitting 1 in the dialer still takes me to Google. I just don't get it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The area to change voicemail settings on the Rezound is grayed out, won't let me mess with it.

Yes, I deactivated Google voicemail from the website.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The area to change voicemail settings on the Rezound is grayed out, won't let me mess with it.

Yes, I deactivated Google voicemail from the website.

Actually, the settings on the website are irrelevant for your regular phone number, Verizon and Google Voice don't interop automatically like GV and some other carriers. The options should not be grayed out, but the clear message option will only be usable if the phone thinks you have a voicemail message waiting.

Take it from a 20 year phone tech, the only thing a voicemail system really does is received forwarded calls with some additional information to identify the original destination, then it sends a signal to the carrier to tell it a message is waiting for retrieval. For Verizon systems this is returned by dialing *86 or the number defined in Settings-Call-Voicemail-Voicemail Settings-Voicemail Number and this should be editable on the HTC Rezound (it is on the three I have access too with two different software versions), this number is what is used when you press "1", it's not magic, just a sort of speed dial.

The symbol of a handset (some people call it a recording icon) you show in the picture above is a message from the Verizon Voicemail System, NOT Google Voice (GV's icon looks like a speech balloon with a handset inside it). Once you listen to all the messages in your Verizon Voicemail, the icon should clear, if it doesn't then make sure your Call Forwarding to GV is off, and call from a different phone and leave a new message in VM, then wait a few minutes an listen to it and delete it. If the icon still doesn't clear I would call Verizon and work with their tech support.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Finally! I was finally able to change my voicemail number. For the longest time when I went into Settings.Call.Voicemail settings.Voicemail number and tried to tap on the number, it would not let me change that number. It finally did. All is well now.

Thanks folks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1