Upgrade Blues

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife a Galaxy S3 for Christmas. After using the phone for a couple of days, I so badly want to upgrade my Rezound. I am now trying to figure out how to make the move with as little out of pocket as possible. My next upgrade is not available until summer. I just never thought it would be something I would care for that much over my Rezound.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to upgrade early without paying full retail. Verizon will allow a month early but with customer care over the phone. I am getting my early upgrade march 28th. I am sure you can really wait till summer. Rezound is a good phone. You can check ebay but the prices are still costly.If you are desperate and just have to have it once you get it you can sell your Rezound to help offset the costs.
There are always going to be phones coming out that are newer and greater. That's how it goes. I am getting the Note2 HTC lost me when they didn't give the DNA a micro SD slot and a removeable battery. Deal breakers for me.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am with you on the DNA. I use an external charger with 2 extended batteries for my Rezound. No matter the improvements on the DNA battery life, I still want more. I figure Jelly Bean (or newer) and the 5" screen is here to stay, so I will most likely be happy no matter my options this summer.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say just wait it out, if money was an issue. Otherwise, you can check eBay or cl, but no warranty from the manuf. for 2nd hand phones. If you want to buy a new phone, and have an existing legacy family share plan, wait for a sale, I have seen the gs3 for almost free on previous sales. If you have a available upgrade on one of the other lines, then use that. If you do not have an available upgrade on any line, add a line to get the gs3 and activate it on that line, then put a dumb phone on that line ( or Verizon can set up a dummy line, with no physical phone). You would have to pay $10 a month plus fees and taxes, which for me is another 4-5. Then just activate the gs3 on your line.

Note that this won't work if you are on a current share everything plan because dumb phones have to pay $30 per line, instead of the $10 in the legacy family share.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Might as well wait a bit. The S4 is going to be announced in January; then, you won't want the S3 anymore.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You could try Craigslist and maybe find a deal. Also you could use eBay and depending on what condition your phone is in and if you have the original box you could resell your phone. They go for around 150-200 give or take but if you can get a s3 for around 400 its like you only spent 200 for the phone which is the same price as it would be with an update.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You could try Craigslist and maybe find a deal. Also you could use eBay and depending on what condition your phone is in and if you have the original box you could resell your phone. They go for around 150-200 give or take but if you can get a s3 for around 400 its like you only spent 200 for the phone which is the same price as it would be with an update.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Doing the method I outlined, you can get an s3 for around $250ish plus taxes and fees, which may be under $400.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I always want something new, usually until I see all of the deets. Like the DNA sounded good until the no removable anything. I too like to carry extra batteries for those long days/trips/excursions that just kill batteries. CampCash mentioned that the 5" is here to stay. I hadn't thought about it until that comment, but are any of the new phones 720 or better, or are all of the new phones 720 or better? I'll have to go do some looking now.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife a Galaxy S3 for Christmas. After using the phone for a couple of days, I so badly want to upgrade my Rezound. I am now trying to figure out how to make the move with as little out of pocket as possible. My next upgrade is not available until summer. I just never thought it would be something I would care for that much over my Rezound.

Ask me at 1pm: "I want the DNA"
Ask me at 2pm: "I want the Note 2"
Ask me at 3pm: "I want the DNA"
Ask me at 4pm: "I want the Note 2"

Sigh... and double sigh: no matter which one I go with, I'll have to pay full retail to preserve my unlimited. Now, if I could only "hide" about $600 from my wife... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2