Sad....frustrated

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My Rezound. (3rd) have had since Aug 9th suddenly no internet....fading in and out 3g. Was fine yesterday. Did the SIM card/battery pull. Didn't work. No network issues. On phone with VERIZON. Did factory reset. Offered early upgrade to iPhone. Really? No thank you. Getting 4th tomorrow. If has issues will esculate and make a decision. Very nice I was nice too. But don't want the iPhone. I can early upgrade March 28th. I won't take a phone I don't want. I am disappointed. Seem to always have problems. First one screen was flawed. Second one speaker didn't work. This one was fine till today. Only have had internet now half an yr continuously. Been without mostly. Sending new SIM too. Wish me luck

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Me too on January22nd.getting that note2,good luck with the replacement.

SENT FROM MY S-OFF HTC REZOUND RUNNING VIPERREZ

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sad to see you go, but honestly I plan to get the NoteII when my upgrade comes. The Rez has been great, but Samsung is the manufacturer to beat in today's market...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear about that. (knock on wood) my rezound has worked perfectly for the month I've had it. however, I'm already zeroing in on either of two samsung phones, Note 2 or S4. HTC I am so done with you.

mosman22

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Were the phones they sent as replacements New or refurbs? I ask bc I just had to put in my first claim w asurion a cpl weeks ago and was told there was no way to request a new phone and basically it was luck of the draw, of course I got a refurb.

My refurbb had a headset speaker that sounded blown out. I was totally bummed bc I figured they wld prob either give me a hassle about replacing it wo having to pay deductible and send another refurb bc the first tep told me it was luck of the draw.

Anyways I gave it a shot and asked if there was anyway to get a new in box rezound so I wldnt have to worry about any internal issues. The rep did her best to defend their refurbs and finished her defense w 'even if I did put in a request for a new one to b sent there were none in stock so I wldnt get next day delivery'

Well I seized on the last statement and said I didn't mind waiting at all if it meant I got a new one. So now I'm getting a new in box rezound in 3-5 business days.

I think ausirion basically does everything in their power to give you a refurb as a replacement. The key thing to know is that if you complain about ur refurb the reps absolutely have power to send you a New phone even if its not in stock as long as you don't mind waiting.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I only have an extended warranty so I deal with Verizon directly But this morning 4g was back and I decided to cancel the replacement. It has been perfect today. I did call Verizon. I expressed that it must he a network issue. If phone acts up again will contact them. I have decided tho with the upgrade in March I will get the insurance along with the extended warranty

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I only have an extended warranty so I deal with Verizon directly But this morning 4g was back and I decided to cancel the replacement. It has been perfect today. I did call Verizon. I expressed that it must he a network issue. If phone acts up again will contact them. I have decided tho with the upgrade in March I will get the insurance along with the extended warranty

It's funny how sometimes a phone will totally act like it needs to be replaced and then the next day or even later that same day all is fine. Glad your phone is working. No way would I take an iphone either!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Glad that it is working well for you now. One thing to consider, remember that for insurance, you will pay $5 additional over the extended warranty per month or $120 over the 2 year contract. Then if you file a claim, you have to pay $99 deductible. You could Always keep the rezound as a backup phone, and skip the insurance. Even if you don't, they usually have cpo phones in the $300-400 range which carry a full one year contract.

Just something to consider.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Or buy from BestBuy get there black tie and have no deductible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

watergates1

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh, don't worry. You're not the only out here that's had Rezound problems since day one. I'm currently on my third POS phone. First one, the charge port with its stupid little notch threw me and a pin on the inside got bent. Ironic, seeing as how I did too. Then, on the second phone, it never upgraded to ICS and my soft keys stopped working completely.

Now, with this phone, my battery life is irreprehensible. I go through two batteries a day while staying on wifi networks 90% of the time. SMH. This is beyond unacceptable.

When I upgraded last year I should have went with my intuition, which was telling me to get the Maxx. I won't make that mistake again in the first week of Feb. Can't wait to get my hands on a N2. I will NEVER own another HTC product as long as I live.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh, don't worry. You're not the only out here that's had Rezound problems since day one. I'm currently on my third POS phone. First one, the charge port with its stupid little notch threw me and a pin on the inside got bent. Ironic, seeing as how I did too. Then, on the second phone, it never upgraded to ICS and my soft keys stopped working completely.

Now, with this phone, my battery life is irreprehensible. I go through two batteries a day while staying on wifi networks 90% of the time. SMH. This is beyond unacceptable.

When I upgraded last year I should have went with my intuition, which was telling me to get the Maxx. I won't make that mistake again in the first week of Feb. Can't wait to get my hands on a N2. I will NEVER own another HTC product as long as I live.

Good! Let me know hoe you.like it!
My battery life is great. Glad to have no more issues. Always been a fan of HTC. But the changes they have made...time to move forward

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia