1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trade in value

I was curious. So I filled out the info and trade in value from Verizon on the Rezound....60.00
    Insult!!! Mine has no scratches. No blemishes. Looks brand new. Runs great except when i thought something was wrong and it was the network. If I want to sell it after upgrading I surely will get a lot more than 60.00. Like to know how they choose the value. When i sold my Incredible. I got 200.00 for it.....

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Trade in value

yeah trade in is stupid. CL or eBay is the way to go. When I sold my Verizon SGS3 I did it on CL and got good value for it. If I remember right, the trade in value was only something like 250$
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Yes that sounds about right, and they have to refurbish it, package it and then sell it for a profit. It's a little low, but they know some people will take it not wanting to deal with ebay or CL.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gazelle will give you $100 for it. eBay and cl would be your best bet. I have seen working rezound on eBay for $150ish, and when they buy it, they have to pay for shipping, they repackage it, and pay for ebay fees, employee time,etc. and make a profit. obviously, you will get the most by selling it yourself. Whether or not it is worth the effort is up to you. You won't get anywhere close to $200 on trade in at this time. It is based on the demand and what they can sell the phone for. I checked pricing for the razr Maxx, it shows $207. I know you have been having issues with your rezound. I was able to get a razr Maxx as a warranty replacement for my rezound, which was a warranty replacement for my thunderbolt. I know you had a thunderbolt before, maybe you might have luck getting a razr Maxx, then you can trade it in.

One interesting thing to note, I went through multiple replacements for my rezound and thunderbolt, both new and clnr. My razr Maxx , which was clnr, and gs3 have worked great, not one replacement needed. I do like my rezound better than the razr Maxx,but the Maxx has better battery life and hasn't failed on me yet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am upgrading end of March to Sammy Note2. Not a Motorola fan. My last issue with this phone had to be the network even tho Verizon said no issues. 3 friends of mine also told me they had no 4g. The next day it was back. So I canceled the replacement device. I was curious about trade in. I have been successful in the past selling outright. I might keep it tho as a backup.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Three months is a long time, prices are probably go down.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Best Buy is slightly higher...

Perfect $86.25
    Good $82.14
    Poor $36.96

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

I know how you feel, been sitting on my rezound for a month now at $225/200 for it, with 4 batteries and a car dock......Think I'll just keep it for when Page plus can use 4g phones and sell it then.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

I wonder what they would give me for my TB.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.