Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No task killer or defective charging. When I am out I am on the screen a lot. I want a battery that gives me 10 hours screen time, not five. Will just have to suffer with the extended battery until I upgrade in September. The deal breaker on my next phone will definitely be a slim, super battery.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you get?

I am not a Motorola fan but have heard the battery life is great. I have a friend with the note2. He gets all day battery life. That's the only phone I am interested in. September should offer more options...but I am glad I can upgrade soon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am sure there will be more phones to choose from in September :)

- - - Updated - - -

No. How is that done?

Fully charge the battery, run it down to nothing, don't turn it back on, and charge it to 100percent, do it twice, or if your rooted, u can download battery calibration from the play store, which wipes your old battery stats.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the "small" extended battery 2750 mAh... it's like the beast that wont die! Seriously, I can't kill it in a day... 100% brightness, 8 hours screen on (sorry I don't have a screenshot of that... next time!)

$40 for battery & cover from Amazon ... Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Extended Battery with Door - HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

41wAI2X62TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Fully charge the battery, run it down to nothing, don't turn it back on, and charge it to 100percent, do it twice, or if your rooted, u can download battery calibration from the play store, which wipes your old battery stats.

Thank you for the instructions, I will do that

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have decided to send the extended battery back. If I kept it, I would need to find a new protective case and I don't feel like going through that hassle and extra expense. The so-called case I purchased that matched with this battery was just a backing and provided no protection at all to the front of the phone. If the phone fell on the ground face forward, it would smash the glass. So, I am going to recalibrate my batteries and just deal with it for another nine months.

Fortunately the only time I have a battery issue is when I am out socially for a number of hours away from a charger and that doesn't happen too often. Hopefully recalibrating my batteries will help.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No task killer or defective charging. When I am out I am on the screen a lot. I want a battery that gives me 10 hours screen time, not five. Will just have to suffer with the extended battery until I upgrade in September. The deal breaker on my next phone will definitely be a slim, super battery.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you get?

I got the DNA and the battery is a upgrade from the Rezound. Screen is absolutely beautiful!

I ran it hard yesterday and still had like 15-20% after being about 16 hrs off charge

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the DNA and the battery is a upgrade from the Rezound. Screen is absolutely beautiful!

I ran it hard yesterday and still had like 15-20% after being about 16 hrs off charge

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I did the calibration twice on each of my batteries. They are better but could probably still use a few more rounds. I have been using my spare battery charger to get this done. One improved to 96 percent off the spare charger and the other 90 percent. They still need work.

P.S. What kind of battery life do you get on the DNA when you take pictures? Also, have you tested it by playing a movie? I'd like to know how many hours you get playing netflix (if you have netflix.)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I did the calibration twice on each of my batteries. They are better but could probably still use a few more rounds. I have been using my spare battery charger to get this done. One improved to 96 percent off the spare charger and the other 90 percent. They still need work.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

glad it helped even if it was just a lil bit.

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the RAZR HD, not the Maxx, and I go all day with moderate use. I am rarely below 70% when I go to bed. I've gone 1 1/2 days while traveling and still never got below 30%. The new Motorola devices are certainly worth a look if battery is important to you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the RAZR HD, not the Maxx, and I go all day with moderate use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

When I was originally looking around and ended up with the Rezound, one of the negatives I had for the Maxx (or was it the RAZR?) was that the battery was NOT user replaceable. The improved battery life came with a cost of planned phone obsolescence when the battery eventually dies. For folks who upgrade frequently, not a problem, but I tend to hold on to devices longer than most. Something to consider.