Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I need to vent because I am so fed up with the Rezound battery situation. I can?t wait to get a new phone with a great battery. If I had the money now, I would burn up an upgrade and go to Verizon today and get the Note 2.

I am so-over switching out batteries and now my batteries are not even holding their original charges. Yesterday I switched out my battery to one that had maybe been sitting for a week or two and it only had 50 percent charge when I popped it in and was down to 30 percent in 90 minutes without barely using it. And to make matters worse, I just got these new nails and I can?t get the battery cover off anymore because they are too thick! LOL! I need a thin screw driver or help from someone else to get the back off now.

GRRRR .... why did HTC make such a great phone with such a poor battery? Why did I get new nails! LOL!

Well, I don?t want to burn an upgrade, nor do I want to spend $300 on a phone (not including accessories) when perhaps in September the Note might have gone down in price or there will be another phone with a great battery, so I gave in and ordered this massive battery for at least when I am going to be spending the day out. It is when I am out for the day going to movies and lunch and shopping that I find in less than five hours my battery is gone. And I am not going to turn off features, because why have the phone? Besides that, we all know the Rezound battery is the worst part of the phone and most of us hate it!!

Anyway, this monster is 3240 mah (about $25) and I ordered a new case in the event that it is too big for my already extended battery case. This case does not have a clip, so I hope I don?t need it and that I can return it.

UGH on the Rezound battery .... You STINK!!

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. I don't know what is going on myself. I have been keeping a careful eye on a lot of my apps, removing all the ways that looked like the suck battery life dry. Right now, my battery will just consume a good 10% of juice in an hour by just being in standby mode =(

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6600mA portable charger about the size of a flip phone, it works for me....and you can charge two phones at once if you wanted to.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at The Source, where they are $99 up here. Couldn't find one on their site, but this is the exact same one I have: Eton Backup Battery Pack 6600mAH Wh: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at Nextag If you look around for something similar, you might find a cheaper one. I saw someone post a 10,000 mA charge pack for about $50, but I can't remember the site. If you go to this link you can see it with my work flip phone on top of it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-did-device-get-so-popular-5.html#post2495307

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I bought this phone for my wife and she just can't take the battery life anymore. I think I am going to try to sell it and buy a gnex or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
What I do, is I use the extended battery with the otterbox defender case mod . Cut both the case and back cover with a dremel, extended battery sits flush with case, use electrical tape and rubber outside case to seal it off, and I have an extended battery hidden away in a standard sized otterbox case, keeps it real thin.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What I do, is I use the extended battery with the otterbox defender case mod . Cut both the case and back cover with a dremel, extended battery sits flush with case, use electrical tape and rubber outside case to seal it off, and I have an extended battery hidden away in a standard sized otterbox case, keeps it real thin.

Pics??

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
10,000 maH for 60 bucks! - Amazon.com: Anker? Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack (Dual USB Output plus DC Output) for Samsung Tablets, Netbook, Digital Cameras, DV Recorders, PS Vita, Nexus 7, NDS, NDSL, GoPro; iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Pr

but on your issue with battery life, if you're willing to root and try some other roms out, the development on this phone is great. flashing an aosp (cm9 or cm10) rom might be exactly what you need.

I hate ones that have a proprietary charging cable.

I picked up a 10000mah for $30 a few weeks back on amazon. Pric went up to $40 right now though.

Amazon.com: RAVPower? Dynamo-On-the-Go RP-PB07 Super High Capacity Power Bank / External Battery Charger (10000mAh Capacity / 1A & 2A Dual USB Output) for Apple : The New iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 5,iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Nano, classic, Touch all versio

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
skatergirl,

My extended battery is smaller than yours, and it can last all day with moderate use. A movie will kill it quicker, of course. You ought to get by fine with your new power source.

I haven't had the cash for the Note 2 retail price, and I'm kind of glad I had to wait. With rumors the N3 bouncing around, it is very likely the N3 will be worth the wait.
a 1080p screen on the N3.
a bigger screen (skeptical about that).
OLED screen for better quality & less power consumption.

I just hope Sammy doesn't blow it by locking Verizon out of carrying it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
skatergirl,

My extended battery is smaller than yours, and it can last all day with moderate use. A movie will kill it quicker, of course. You ought to get by fine with your new power source.

I haven't had the cash for the Note 2 retail price, and I'm kind of glad I had to wait. With rumors the N3 bouncing around, it is very likely the N3 will be worth the wait.
a 1080p screen on the N3.
a bigger screen (skeptical about that).
OLED screen for better quality & less power consumption.

I just hope Sammy doesn't blow it by locking Verizon out of carrying it.

Yes, I am sure there will be more phones to choose from in September :)

- - - Updated - - -

Have u tried recalibrating your batteries?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No. How is that done?

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My first charge with extended battery not bad, the size of it is okay, but I don't have a case on it. With HTC extended battery.

e8ymypuq.jpg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand this Janet. I have great battery life .I get up to 10 hours. I have had network issues but none with the battery. Do you have a task killer app on it? That can cause problems with the battery. Your charger could be defective. I had to replace mine....verizon swamped it out cause it was within the year. If charger is bad it won't completely charge up the battery. A store can test it for you.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the Note2 as well. MARCH 28th I can order it. The white one!

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Rezound for about 2 months now. keep in mind that I'm coming from the T-bolt. my battery life, with juice defender and no task manager is much much better than the tbolt. with light to moderate use, I'm getting 12 hours before I'm down under 40%. when I play a game or streaming video, you can almost watch it go down, but once I'm in sleep mode, I bet I lose 3-4% per hour. that being said, I'm moving to either the Note 2 or razr maxx HD in 6 months.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand this Janet. I have great battery life .I get up to 10 hours. I have had network issues but none with the battery. Do you have a task killer app on it? That can cause problems with the battery. Your charger could be defective. I had to replace mine....verizon swamped it out cause it was within the year. If charger is bad it won't completely charge up the battery. A store can test it for you.

No task killer or defective charging. When I am out I am on the screen a lot. I want a battery that gives me 10 hours screen time, not five. Will just have to suffer with the extended battery until I upgrade in September. The deal breaker on my next phone will definitely be a slim, super battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't wait and got a new phone. Glad I did!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

What did you get?