Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,312 Posts

    Angry Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I need to vent because I am so fed up with the Rezound battery situation. I can’t wait to get a new phone with a great battery. If I had the money now, I would burn up an upgrade and go to Verizon today and get the Note 2.

    I am so-over switching out batteries and now my batteries are not even holding their original charges. Yesterday I switched out my battery to one that had maybe been sitting for a week or two and it only had 50 percent charge when I popped it in and was down to 30 percent in 90 minutes without barely using it. And to make matters worse, I just got these new nails and I can’t get the battery cover off anymore because they are too thick! LOL! I need a thin screw driver or help from someone else to get the back off now.

    GRRRR .... why did HTC make such a great phone with such a poor battery? Why did I get new nails! LOL!

    Well, I don’t want to burn an upgrade, nor do I want to spend $300 on a phone (not including accessories) when perhaps in September the Note might have gone down in price or there will be another phone with a great battery, so I gave in and ordered this massive battery for at least when I am going to be spending the day out. It is when I am out for the day going to movies and lunch and shopping that I find in less than five hours my battery is gone. And I am not going to turn off features, because why have the phone? Besides that, we all know the Rezound battery is the worst part of the phone and most of us hate it!!

    Anyway, this monster is 3240 mah (about $25) and I ordered a new case in the event that it is too big for my already extended battery case. This case does not have a clip, so I hope I don’t need it and that I can return it.

    UGH on the Rezound battery .... You STINK!!
    ~Janet~
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I feel you. I don't know what is going on myself. I have been keeping a careful eye on a lot of my apps, removing all the ways that looked like the suck battery life dry. Right now, my battery will just consume a good 10% of juice in an hour by just being in standby mode =(
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  3. #3  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I have a 6600mA portable charger about the size of a flip phone, it works for me....and you can charge two phones at once if you wanted to.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,312 Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have a 6600mA portable charger about the size of a flip phone, it works for me....and you can charge two phones at once if you wanted to.
    Do you have a link for that?
    ~Janet~
  5. #5  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I got mine at The Source, where they are $99 up here. Couldn't find one on their site, but this is the exact same one I have: If you look around for something similar, you might find a cheaper one. I saw someone post a 10,000 mA charge pack for about $50, but I can't remember the site. If you go to this link you can see it with my work flip phone on top of it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post2495307
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    mhans311's Avatar

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I couldn't agree more. I bought this phone for my wife and she just can't take the battery life anymore. I think I am going to try to sell it and buy a gnex or something.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    skatergirl likes this.
  7. #7  
    bik2101's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    10,000 maH for 60 bucks! - Amazon.com: Anker® Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack (Dual USB Output plus DC Output) for Samsung Tablets, Netbook, Digital Cameras, DV Recorders, PS Vita, Nexus 7, NDS, NDSL, GoPro; iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Pr

    but on your issue with battery life, if you're willing to root and try some other roms out, the development on this phone is great. flashing an aosp (cm9 or cm10) rom might be exactly what you need.
  8. #8  
    BygSii's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    What I do, is I use the extended battery with the otterbox defender case mod . Cut both the case and back cover with a dremel, extended battery sits flush with case, use electrical tape and rubber outside case to seal it off, and I have an extended battery hidden away in a standard sized otterbox case, keeps it real thin.
    skatergirl likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by BygSii View Post
    What I do, is I use the extended battery with the otterbox defender case mod . Cut both the case and back cover with a dremel, extended battery sits flush with case, use electrical tape and rubber outside case to seal it off, and I have an extended battery hidden away in a standard sized otterbox case, keeps it real thin.
    Pics??

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by bik2101#AC View Post
    10,000 maH for 60 bucks! - Amazon.com: Anker® Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack (Dual USB Output plus DC Output) for Samsung Tablets, Netbook, Digital Cameras, DV Recorders, PS Vita, Nexus 7, NDS, NDSL, GoPro; iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Pr

    but on your issue with battery life, if you're willing to root and try some other roms out, the development on this phone is great. flashing an aosp (cm9 or cm10) rom might be exactly what you need.

    I hate ones that have a proprietary charging cable.

    I picked up a 10000mah for $30 a few weeks back on amazon. Pric went up to $40 right now though.


    Amazon.com: RAVPower® Dynamo-On-the-Go RP-PB07 Super High Capacity Power Bank / External Battery Charger (10000mAh Capacity / 1A & 2A Dual USB Output) for Apple : The New iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 5,iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Nano, classic, Touch all versio
    sledge007 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Pics??

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed. Would like to see pics of that.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    skatergirl,

    My extended battery is smaller than yours, and it can last all day with moderate use. A movie will kill it quicker, of course. You ought to get by fine with your new power source.

    I haven't had the cash for the Note 2 retail price, and I'm kind of glad I had to wait. With rumors the N3 bouncing around, it is very likely the N3 will be worth the wait.
    a 1080p screen on the N3.
    a bigger screen (skeptical about that).
    OLED screen for better quality & less power consumption.

    I just hope Sammy doesn't blow it by locking Verizon out of carrying it.



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    skatergirl likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Have u tried recalibrating your batteries?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,312 Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    skatergirl,

    My extended battery is smaller than yours, and it can last all day with moderate use. A movie will kill it quicker, of course. You ought to get by fine with your new power source.

    I haven't had the cash for the Note 2 retail price, and I'm kind of glad I had to wait. With rumors the N3 bouncing around, it is very likely the N3 will be worth the wait.
    a 1080p screen on the N3.
    a bigger screen (skeptical about that).
    OLED screen for better quality & less power consumption.

    I just hope Sammy doesn't blow it by locking Verizon out of carrying it.



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, I am sure there will be more phones to choose from in September

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mike7728 View Post
    Have u tried recalibrating your batteries?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

    No. How is that done?
    ~Janet~
  15. #15  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    469 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    My first charge with extended battery not bad, the size of it is okay, but I don't have a case on it. With HTC extended battery.



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I don't understand this Janet. I have great battery life .I get up to 10 hours. I have had network issues but none with the battery. Do you have a task killer app on it? That can cause problems with the battery. Your charger could be defective. I had to replace mine....verizon swamped it out cause it was within the year. If charger is bad it won't completely charge up the battery. A store can test it for you.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    johnriii likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I am getting the Note2 as well. MARCH 28th I can order it. The white one!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Couldn't wait and got a new phone. Glad I did!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I just think the same way as you.And the one which has good battery seems the iPhone and others even Samsung has the poor battery.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I've had my Rezound for about 2 months now. keep in mind that I'm coming from the T-bolt. my battery life, with juice defender and no task manager is much much better than the tbolt. with light to moderate use, I'm getting 12 hours before I'm down under 40%. when I play a game or streaming video, you can almost watch it go down, but once I'm in sleep mode, I bet I lose 3-4% per hour. that being said, I'm moving to either the Note 2 or razr maxx HD in 6 months.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,312 Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I don't understand this Janet. I have great battery life .I get up to 10 hours. I have had network issues but none with the battery. Do you have a task killer app on it? That can cause problems with the battery. Your charger could be defective. I had to replace mine....verizon swamped it out cause it was within the year. If charger is bad it won't completely charge up the battery. A store can test it for you.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    No task killer or defective charging. When I am out I am on the screen a lot. I want a battery that gives me 10 hours screen time, not five. Will just have to suffer with the extended battery until I upgrade in September. The deal breaker on my next phone will definitely be a slim, super battery.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by am4966 View Post
    Couldn't wait and got a new phone. Glad I did!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    What did you get?
    ~Janet~
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    No task killer or defective charging. When I am out I am on the screen a lot. I want a battery that gives me 10 hours screen time, not five. Will just have to suffer with the extended battery until I upgrade in September. The deal breaker on my next phone will definitely be a slim, super battery.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What did you get?
    I am not a Motorola fan but have heard the battery life is great. I have a friend with the note2. He gets all day battery life. That's the only phone I am interested in. September should offer more options...but I am glad I can upgrade soon

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    skatergirl likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Yes, I am sure there will be more phones to choose from in September

    - - - Updated - - -



    No. How is that done?
    Fully charge the battery, run it down to nothing, don't turn it back on, and charge it to 100percent, do it twice, or if your rooted, u can download battery calibration from the play store, which wipes your old battery stats.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  24. #24  
    Lactose The Intolerant's Avatar

    Posts
    420 Posts
    ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    I have the "small" extended battery 2750 mAh... it's like the beast that wont die! Seriously, I can't kill it in a day... 100% brightness, 8 hours screen on (sorry I don't have a screenshot of that... next time!)

    $40 for battery & cover from Amazon ... Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Extended Battery with Door - HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,312 Posts

    Default Re: Can't wait to get a new phone with a good battery ... just venting

    Quote Originally Posted by mike7728 View Post
    Fully charge the battery, run it down to nothing, don't turn it back on, and charge it to 100percent, do it twice, or if your rooted, u can download battery calibration from the play store, which wipes your old battery stats.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

    Thank you for the instructions, I will do that
    .
    ~Janet~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to get a new phone...
    By TauSigmaNova in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
  2. Looking to get a new Phone
    By plemelin in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM
  3. Can not wait to get a Android Phone
    By bakerbert in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM
  4. Can't wait to get Thunderbolt
    By mjlphillies in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 07:37 AM

Posting Permissions

B