Samsung Galaxy S2 - Jelly Bean.... Where is our taste?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well....

Seems the Samsung Galaxy S2 is getting an update to Jelly Bean...

Disappointing that a phone released 6 months before our loved Rezound gets an update, yet we are still sitting one the sidelines.

Just saying!

Lego

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
seems like Samsung has there heads on straight, HTC has there heads up there butts.

sent from my htc rezound s-off running viperrez with snuzzo 2.2 kernel...

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about that. Depends on the device. I was very happy with the time it took for HTC to get the update out to its one series.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
seems like Samsung has there heads on straight, HTC has there heads up there butts.

sent from my htc rezound s-off running viperrez with snuzzo 2.2 kernel...

Hey, better than the thunderbolt which is still on gb

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe you shouldn't buy HTC... They release too many devices a year to be able to promise updates for all of them.

Sent from my SPH-L710

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe you shouldn't buy HTC... They release too many devices a year to be able to promise updates for all of them.

Sent from my SPH-L710

I would guess samsung releases more devices than htc a year.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes and that equates into large market share among Android users. Keep them happy they will buy another Samsung.

HTC does not have market share and consequently probably does not have the resources to update devices. HTC was just about dead a few years ago and they will probably hang out a few more or just leave the US market.

If you listen to wall street they think the market will shrink to the top two or three manufacturers. They also suggest subsidized phones will go away and if that happens the manufacturers will shrink because people will not be buying phones every year or two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon