Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TBolt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,345 Posts

    Question Google sync end of life

    Does anyone know if this has anything to do with basic syncing from gmail contacts and calendar to our phones?
    Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help
    ~Janet~
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Are you using your own personalized email account via the Google Apps suite? If not, this doesn't apply to you. If yes, it sounds like Google will still keep existing protocols in operation, but it will be a good idea to change eventually, if you want support.

    Several of my clients and I use Google Apps. Not worried.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,345 Posts

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Are you using your own personalized email account via the Google Apps suite? If not, this doesn't apply to you. If yes, it sounds like Google will still keep existing protocols in operation, but it will be a good idea to change eventually, if you want support.

    Several of my clients and I use Google Apps. Not worried.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

    Is Google Apps the paid version?
    ~Janet~
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Used to have a free version, too. But, Google is now only offering a paid version. Good value at $50 per year, per user. Great package if you need your own domain.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Does anyone know if this has anything to do with basic syncing from gmail contacts and calendar to our phones?
    Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help
    This has nothing to do with the basic syncing of this information on your android device, it deals with the "old" way of using Active Sync to sync these things and in general only affects iOS and Windows Phone products, but it doesn't affect the native apps or traditional ways of access this stuff like IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV.

    Google Sync, Discontinued for Gmail Accounts
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Excuse the thread hijack, but we're used to that around here, right? Hehe.

    Skatergirl et al, does Verizon insurance cover water damage?

    I have a family member that will have to buy insurance on her next phone cuz she just drowned her 2nd DInc2. lol.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
    skatergirl likes this.
  7. #7  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Excuse the thread hijack, but we're used to that around here, right? Hehe.

    Skatergirl et al, does Verizon insurance cover water damage?

    I have a family member that will have to buy insurance on her next phone cuz she just drowned her 2nd DInc2. lol.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, it does... Also, I am pretty sure open enrollment is going on right now... might be able to get the Inc2 enrolled and replaced...

    From VZW's site: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com...roductName=tec

    Provides comprehensive coverage:

    • Loss
    • Theft
    • Damage, including liquid damage
    • Mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Yes, it does... Also, I am pretty sure open enrollment is going on right now... might be able to get the Inc2 enrolled and replaced...

    From VZW's site: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com...roductName=tec

    Provides comprehensive coverage:

    • Loss
    • Theft
    • Damage, including liquid damage
    • Mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires
    She took the phone to the Verizon store after the damage happened. She still has the phone. Do you think Verizon logged the date of damage?

    Probably worth a shot ... Thanks for the idea, ace.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,345 Posts

    Default Re: Google sync end of life

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Excuse the thread hijack, but we're used to that around here, right? Hehe.

    Skatergirl et al, does Verizon insurance cover water damage?

    I have a family member that will have to buy insurance on her next phone cuz she just drowned her 2nd DInc2. lol.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, as Acejavelin said, it covers water damage.
    ~Janet~

Similar Threads

  1. g2x : end of life
    By barzell in forum T-Mobile G2x
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
  2. LG Revolution End Of Life Already? That Was Quick!
    By Jowlah in forum Verizon LG Revolution
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:19 AM
  3. Since the Droid X's End of Life is next month...
    By green in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:35 AM
  4. end of life for droid x next year?
    By df79transam in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
  5. End of Life: 3/31/11
    By whipstitch in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions