Outlook.com app and its calendar

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use this Outlook.com android app and if so, where the heck is the calendar. I see settings to sync the calendar, but I see no calendar. I have been googling an answer and getting nowhere but frustrated.

Thanks!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I found it ... UGH!! It is right with the rest of the calendars.

Now, if I can get the Outlook connector to actually sync my Outlook calendar into outlook.com, then I won't have to worry about using three calendars (one Outlook and two Google) anymore. I will know more later when I get back to my PC.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
But now I can't figure out why my events won't sync from my phone to the web calendar. Nothing in my life as far as calendars is easy.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Google Calendar is easy. ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well, I have always like the Outlook calendar, but to continue using it is causing me so much grief that by Sunday I will be making a decision to continue using or drop it entirely.

I have had issues with my original Google calendar because I had use a third party software to sync calendar events to Google and there must of been some code on these events because Ice Cream Sandwich would not sync them. So, then I copied all my contacts to a new Google calendar which is what syncs now to my phone ... though I am using three calendars when I only wanted to use Outlook. It's a very annoying super highway of calendars.

So, now Google is taking its free version of sync with Outlook tool off the market and I either have to pay $5 a month to Google to continue syncing or pay $99 a year to Microsoft to use Office 365 even though that is not syncing my calendar eigher with the Outlook.com app. I posted in the 365 Forums to see if anyone could help me get this syncing issue solved and if no one comes through by Sunday I am ending my relationship with the Microsoft Outlook calendar, dumping my old Google calendar and using the new Google calendar that works and be sane again with just one calendar.

Oh ... there is one problem I have with Google calendar and you may know if there is a remedy. Whenever I go into a different time zone all my appointments change and I don't want that to happen. Most of my calendar events are for a specific time of day, regardless of where I am. Do you know how to stop that from happening??

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure there is something in the Google Calendar settings that has to do with time zone updates. I'm not at a PC right now, but check it out. Hmmm ... Or, maybe that would be in the settings of your device(s).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to sync with the PC based Outlook? (Part of MS Office) Or with the web based Outlook? (Part of Live.com)

I'm addicted to MS Outlook, I've been using it too long to give it up. So I installed Calengoo and then installed "MyPhoneExplorer" on my phone and on my PC and use it to sync the calendars.
this works for me - a bit of a hassle but once it's set up, not as bad as it sounds.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to sync with the PC based Outlook? (Part of MS Office) Or with the web based Outlook? (Part of Live.com)

I'm addicted to MS Outlook, I've been using it too long to give it up. So I installed Calengoo and then installed "MyPhoneExplorer" on my phone and on my PC and use it to sync the calendars.
this works for me - a bit of a hassle but once it's set up, not as bad as it sounds.

When I use Outlook.com I get one way syncing from the web to the phone. When I use 365 I get no syncing at all.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Quick update:

Now when using Office 365, my calendar events will sync to my phone via the Outlook.com Android app, but it won't sync back to 365 when I create the event from the phone. I know there has to be a way for this to work. I do like the features of 365 because the software is the newest versions and five computers can use it, meaning $20 a year per computer and that is not a bad deal.

I would gladly give up the Google calendar if I can get this syncing to work.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
**************** UPDATE**********************

Just about when I was about to give up I went back to the Office 365 site and finally found the answer I was looking for.

The outlook calendar (at least in 365) will sync to your phone and your phone to your calendar by recreating the hotmail address with exchange active sync. Now everything is working as it should and this is the first time I have been able to have my Outlook calendar on my phone without the help of Google. This was one long week of grief. Truly TGIF!!

bmcd

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm really pleased you have a solution but from the link you provide I'm not able to see how that works. Can you provide any more details? Thanks

Edwin Foster

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I am trying to do something similar. I want to use the web based outlook.com rather then on any desktop. I use a Android 4 and want it to sync all data with the two. I have been using outlook for a desktop for many years and after some false starts, finally got everything to sync properly and have been using it now for at least 8 months. I want to make sure if I go to the web version I can do the same. Any comments??? I just recently converted from blackberry to the android phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I am trying to do something similar. I want to use the web based outlook.com rather then on any desktop. I use a Android 4 and want it to sync all data with the two. I have been using outlook for a desktop for many years and after some false starts, finally got everything to sync properly and have been using it now for at least 8 months. I want to make sure if I go to the web version I can do the same. Any comments??? I just recently converted from blackberry to the android phone.

I am not sure if the online version of outlook.com syncs to the phone, especially since the calendar is still the hotmail calender (or at least it was a month ago.)

I really think the subscription based 365 is well worth the $10 a month because you can set up five computers of either the same user or all different users and everything syncs. I love it. This is the first time ever that I have been happy with my calendar sync and this includes my PDA days. Oh, and the main user gets free sky drive, so your documents are wherever you want them. I use Office Pro for my phone and tablet. Everything is right where I need it to be.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, OfficeSuite Pro. Okay.

I thought you were referring to Microsoft's Office app for Android, which hasn't been released yet. MS said they'd offer an app; just don't know when.

I didn't know that MS was going to offer an office app for Android, but this office suite app works just fine. I can create docs with it and they open as normal in MS Office.

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some advice and I'm wondering if you all can help.

I'm thinking about swapping my gmail account with my outlook.com account as my primary email address. Why? I want to be able to sync the contacts on my phone with outlook 2010 that I have on my PC and those on Outlook.com and Google stopped supporting ActiveSync with Gmail.

So what I'm after is info on what you have to do to get your phone to sync your contacts, calendar email and tasks with outlook.com. Does an Android phone running Jelly Bean seamlessly support outlook like it does with Gmail and Gmail contacts through the existing apps that came with the phone or did you install another app or apps to get everything to work? Someone elsewhere suggested that Microsoft has a specific app for Outlook.com on android smartphones but I can't find any info regarding how well it works. Any info will be appreciated.

As a sidebar can any of you that use outlook.com comment on the effectiveness of Outlook.com's spam filtering? The prime reason I use Gmail is that they do a really dandy job on spam and the effectiveness of spam filtering on Outlook.com is one factor in my decision making.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante