To Everything Turn,Turn,Turn........................

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hell I thought we were EOL'd long ago... Like November of 2011!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Even here at AC I noticed that the Rezound has been lumped into "Other HTC Devices" where it used to have it's own little pic of the phone screen and with the cover off. So what's next for you all? I've heard some interest in the DNA, but at the same time I've heard resistance to it's lack of flexibility. i.e. no sd or removable battery. I've also been hearing people who want to jump ship from an HTC device to a Sammy or Moto, but, and this may sound a little fanboy-ish, but I'm not a fan of either of those. Sammy may put good things in their phones, or at least have a good way to make them work together, but the phones themselves are not for me, if the GNex is any indication. No CapButs, 1/3 screen lose for buttons, cheap feel (lightweight), and no sd. And Moto hasn't done anything for me since my flip phone days. So what's next for you? I'm still scratching my head.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Even here at AC I noticed that the Rezound has been lumped into "Other HTC Devices" where it used to have it's own little pic of the phone screen and with the cover off. So what's next for you all? I've heard some interest in the DNA, but at the same time I've heard resistance to it's lack of flexibility. i.e. no sd or removable battery. I've also been hearing people who want to jump ship from an HTC device to a Sammy or Moto, but, and this may sound a little fanboy-ish, but I'm not a fan of either of those. Sammy may put good things in their phones, or at least have a good way to make them work together, but the phones themselves are not for me, if the GNex is any indication. No CapButs, 1/3 screen lose for buttons, cheap feel (lightweight), and no sd. And Moto hasn't done anything for me since my flip phone days. So what's next for you? I'm still scratching my head.

I feel the same way. I have a feeling that this HTC One is going to be rushed and not live up to the hype since HTC is doing so bad financially.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The note 2 is a solid phone, it does not lose any screen for the buttons, feels heavy(heavier than the Rezound) , and has a microsd slot and removable 3100mah battery .

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 is a solid phone, it does not lose any screen for the buttons, feels heavy(heavier than the Rezound) , and has a microsd slot and removable 3100mah battery .

My brother just got the note 2 and I set it up for him. Very nice phone and I like that your able to customize the looks of things right out of the box. I've contemplated retiring the rezound and picking up the note 2 but I think I will wait and see what the S4 has to offer. I was thinking about the HTC One, but just from the leaks I think it's a no go for me unless they really wow me on the 19th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

My wife wants a Note 2 so I'm thinking unless the jesus phones comes out I'll be getting the same phone she has

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually fixing to go get a s3 unless the htc one announcement changes my mind. Sucks that it will be late in its life cycle, but need a new phone for my damaged rezound and don't have the money for much else right now(s3 only 100$ on Amazon with a burned upgrade)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Looking at your responses I see the note 2 show up a few times and I've been seeing posts about it other places, but I'm a little hesitant only because it's a Sammy. I've heard good things about their processors. I will have to play with one. Also, and I know going in I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but, I like sense. For me it makes navigating the phone easier, it gives me features and options that I both like and use, and I just like it. Like it more than GoLauncher, but that's the only one I've tried. That was a long time ago, I'm sure a lot has changed, but back then I was just as happy to go back to sense. Even when I rooted I kept sense. In the end I have more than a few months to go before I really have to look hard at making any choices. Maybe, like with the Rezound something will come along and blow me away. I still can't believe the GNex stole so much thunder from the Rezound.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually fixing to go get a s3 unless the htc one announcement changes my mind. Sucks that it will be late in its life cycle, but need a new phone for my damaged rezound and don't have the money for much else right now(s3 only 100$ on Amazon with a burned upgrade)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

If $100 is your limit, What about a DNA? Should be the same price on Amazon. I don't like the no microsd card and no removable battery, but it might not be an issue for others.

BB might PM as well, and if you signed up for the $50 gc, then you should be able to stack. Of course, ymmv on PM. The Note II is $129 for new line, but i know some have gotten BB to PM it from Dell, and you can get the $50 gc, keeping you under the $100 price tag. If they won't pm Dell, even Amazon at $150 would put you at $100 with gc.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If $100 is your limit, What about a DNA? Should be the same price on Amazon. I don't like the no microsd card and no removable battery, but it might not be an issue for others.

BB might PM as well, and if you signed up for the $50 gc, then you should be able to stack. Of course, ymmv on PM. The Note II is $129 for new line, but i know some have gotten BB to PM it from Dell, and you can get the $50 gc, keeping you under the $100 price tag. If they won't pm Dell, even Amazon at $150 would put you at $100 with gc.

Note 2 is too big for me.

I have seriously considered the dna and it is still in the table, I just have a bad taste in my mouth from how the rezound was treated by Verizon and htc and I see the dna getting the same. Also the storage thing and it is just a little big. I love the design, but it is just over that too big(tall) threshold. Expecially with the power button on the top. Plus I kind of want a break from sense. I love it, but I have also grown bored with it.

I honestly don't like Samsung, but the s3 has just enough power plus removable batter and sd slot. And development is great so I can just slap cm10 on it if touchwiz is horrendous. The only big thing holding me back is the ugly screen, but i think I can live with it.

This will just be a device till next winter when I will be jumping to a new plan. I can get whatever the Android king is then and drop some big money.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW