- 7 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
WiFi Randomly disconnects when phone is in sleep mode
Hi guys once every 2 days or so my WiFi will shut off for no reason when it is in sleep mode. Upon unlocking the screen I notice that it reverts to 4g. I never had the problem losing
4 g while in sleep but only WiFi.
Here is a pic to show that that WiFi is on and I am in my home router ( no other devices disconnected) but the phone randomly does so.
Sent from my HTC Rezound.
- 02-04-2013, 04:54 PM #2
Re: WiFi Randomly disconnects when phone is in sleep mode
Assuming you have checked the standard items in the WiFi Advanced settings, both "Keep WiFi on during sleep" being set to Always and possibly "Best WiFi performance" ticked on, the stock ICS OTA firmware seems to have an issue with this for some people, typically happening between 12:00am and 6:00am, it seems to be some kind of power save remnant from GB... A Factory Reset clears it up for some users, others seem to have to reflash the ICS firmware (or better yet, the leaked Global Mode RUU).
- 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM #3
- By dad2noah in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
- By adamkovics in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 13Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM
- By BonesMachine in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
- By jketem5 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
- By ws1088 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 8Last Post: 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM