Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

Did an update check and it found it, it gave me the option to accept or decline it. its installing now.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by rocco225 View Post
    I just noticed another thing. No more screenshots via top power button? Did it revert a setting somewhere or did they disable this entirely.
    Works fine here...
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Okay, I did update and it broke root. Do I have to go through the entire root process again?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I rebooted and it works for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Works fine here...

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Piper View Post
    Okay, I did update and it broke root. Do I have to go through the entire root process again?
    No, it doesn't relock, you should just be able to boot into Amon Ra or TWRP (or whatever custom recovery you flashed in) and flash the latest SuperSU or Superuser ZIP package.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    ShadowCatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Piper View Post
    Ace is correct - just reboot into your recovery and reflash your *.zip and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltJ View Post
    I did the update and so far no noticeable difference. I did not have to reset my ringtone. Possibly because I am using my own ringtone, not one of theirs?
    That's possible. The GF's Rezound with stock ringtones changed. Mine, with custom ringtones, didn't; although the default ringtone changed from "VZW default" to "VZW Airwaves."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCatcher View Post
    That's possible. The GF's Rezound with stock ringtones changed. Mine, with custom ringtones, didn't; although the default ringtone changed from "VZW default" to "VZW Airwaves."
    So as near as we can tell this "Device Enhancement" OTA updates our ringtones? Major excitement! I'm loving how informative and open VzW is being about this...
    TBolt likes this.

I just updated mine a few minutes ago. My default ringtone was already VS airwaves, so didn't change. My custom ringtones didn't change. I am stock.

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I got update this morning on my phone. Would love to know what kind of update it is?

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1049 View Post
    Does the phone reboot to normal mode - mine is sitting in System Recovery. How long did it take to complete?
    Were you ever able to get it out of Recovery. Mine downloaded the update rebooted into TWRP and is just sitting there. Tried to dig around the SD cards to see where it installed to and do it manually but no luck. Anyone know what to do?
    Last edited by Chris Mandala; 02-22-2013 at 09:21 AM.

ROM
    Stock

Mine updated itself the other day without even asking me smh.. Any info on what was actually being updated/enhanced???

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeven View Post
    Mine updated itself the other day without even asking me smh.. Any info on what was actually being updated/enhanced???
    I really don't understand this but have heard others say the same thing. On both of my Rezounds I was given the standard options of Accept, Defer, or Reject as with all software updates.

The general consensus on most forums is that this is a pre-upgrade update for both platforms, Rezound (Global Mode pre-update) and Incredible 2 (ICS pre-update).
    Thanked by 2:
    TBolt and MarkSeven like this.

The general consensus on most forums is that this is a pre-upgrade update for both platforms, Rezound (Global Mode pre-update) and Incredible 2 (ICS pre-update).
    Quite interesting. Thanks, ace!
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Personal one yes, my work one needs to remain stock... So far my personal one has let me defer it for a while, but I set it for today's date so will see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah. nevermind, looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.
    So your personal one with the global software got the update?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    So your personal one with the global software got the update?
    No, I had to get a replacement unit from Asurion a few months ago, never put the Global Mode ROM back in so it is still stock as well, sorry, the notes in my sig are alittle dated.

Could it possibly have something to do with this security settlement?

MarkSeven likes this.

Thanks Ace.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by breadbaker2009 View Post
    Could it possibly have something to do with this security settlement?

Not likely, at least not on the Rezound... this was actually fixed last year, and according the the article on CNET, all HTC devices with ICS and newer already have the fix.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

Since update my phone is rebooting like my TB used to. Anyone else have this problem?
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

No issues here really, but maybe worse battery life

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have had several random reboots since the update also. These were not reboots like when you select the option, but actual battery pull type reboots. I have also noticed applications launching that I did not select, but that could just be bumping the phone. Anyone else seeing this?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I'm having a little trouble with the update.

Phone info:
    HTC Rezound stock ICS (rooted to remove htclinkifydispatcher)
    CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0

Downloaded and tried to apply the update. The phone reboots and starts to apply the update. I then get the following in CWM Recovery:

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.0
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed.

The menu displays:
    Install Untrusted Package?
    THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE

If I select "Yes - Install untrusted zip," I get the following:
    Installing update...
    assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" , etc. , "99999999" , "VZW__001") == "t"
    E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted

I wiped the cache partition and dalvik cache twice and tried again with the same results.
    Does anyone know what is going wrong? Could it have anything to do with my buildprop edit to remove htclinkifydispatcher? Would Toggle Signature Verification in CWM do anything or would that be a very bad idea?
    Last edited by ran347; 02-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I checked and Toggle Signature Verification in CWM is disabled. I tried downloading the update and then copying it to the SD card and ran it from there but it also fails. Curious. Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

With teboots I am also having trouble with bluetooth connection.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast