small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... my data speeds seem to be cut in half or worse on LTE, normally get 25-35MB down and ~15MB up, now "only" 10 down and 8 up, signal strength is about the same (around -62 dBm) and at midnight locally. Tested three times with a phone with new update, and three times on one without (3.14.605.12), and same result, the older firmware resulted in much higher speeds. Anyone else noticing a slow down in 4G speeds with the new update or was this just a fluke?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
wow ace! I hope that's just a fluke; maybe it will improve tomorrow. if this remains the case, are you going to flash the global RUU to take both phones off that garbage software?

if so, before you flash, i'd do a factory reset & retest.

let us know how it goes!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
wow ace! I hope that's just a fluke; maybe it will improve tomorrow. if this remains the case, are you going to flash the global RUU to take both phones off that garbage software?

if so, before you flash, i'd do a factory reset & retest.

let us know how it goes!
Personal one yes, my work one needs to remain stock... So far my personal one has let me defer it for a while, but I set it for today's date so will see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah. nevermind, looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed another thing. No more screenshots via top power button? Did it revert a setting somewhere or did they disable this entirely.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I did update and it broke root. Do I have to go through the entire root process again?
No, it doesn't relock, you should just be able to boot into Amon Ra or TWRP (or whatever custom recovery you flashed in) and flash the latest SuperSU or Superuser ZIP package.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I did the update and so far no noticeable difference. I did not have to reset my ringtone. Possibly because I am using my own ringtone, not one of theirs?
That's possible. The GF's Rezound with stock ringtones changed. Mine, with custom ringtones, didn't; although the default ringtone changed from "VZW default" to "VZW Airwaves."

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's possible. The GF's Rezound with stock ringtones changed. Mine, with custom ringtones, didn't; although the default ringtone changed from "VZW default" to "VZW Airwaves."

So as near as we can tell this "Device Enhancement" OTA updates our ringtones? Major excitement! I'm loving how informative and open VzW is being about this...

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just updated mine a few minutes ago. My default ringtone was already VS airwaves, so didn't change. My custom ringtones didn't change. I am stock.

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums

Chris Mandala

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the phone reboot to normal mode - mine is sitting in System Recovery. How long did it take to complete?
Were you ever able to get it out of Recovery. Mine downloaded the update rebooted into TWRP and is just sitting there. Tried to dig around the SD cards to see where it installed to and do it manually but no luck. Anyone know what to do?

Last edited:

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated itself the other day without even asking me smh.. Any info on what was actually being updated/enhanced???

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated itself the other day without even asking me smh.. Any info on what was actually being updated/enhanced???
I really don't understand this but have heard others say the same thing. On both of my Rezounds I was given the standard options of Accept, Defer, or Reject as with all software updates.

The general consensus on most forums is that this is a pre-upgrade update for both platforms, Rezound (Global Mode pre-update) and Incredible 2 (ICS pre-update).

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Personal one yes, my work one needs to remain stock... So far my personal one has let me defer it for a while, but I set it for today's date so will see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah. nevermind, looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.

So your personal one with the global software got the update?