Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    Seems to be the case, Android Police is showing the same info:

Nothing yet when checking manually... This does not appear to be the Global Update, most likely just a small security update.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Good Lord, what is an HTC Device Enhancement? Scarey!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

If nothg else the devs that still work on the Rezound will rebase their ROMS so a bump in version number! Yippee!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Whatever the update is, I hope it is something that leads to a breakthrough for the devs at XDA. If they could finally get full JB working on the Rez, I'd be rooted.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Those of us who flashed the Global RUU will not get the OTA, right? I presume it's better to stick with the version we already have?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Those of us who flashed the Global RUU will not get the OTA, right? I presume it's better to stick with the version we already have?
    That is most likely correct... it would be downgrade from that ROM.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Just received my update. Everything seems to work fine. OK it's only been ten minutes.

They said to go to Verizon for details, but I can't find any info on the VZ website.

My phone just updated itself. A little annoying because it did not aks me if I wanted to update, just did it.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Does the phone reboot to normal mode - mine is sitting in System Recovery. How long did it take to complete?

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

installing now......

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1049 View Post
    Does the phone reboot to normal mode - mine is sitting in System Recovery. How long did it take to complete?
    Mine rebooted into normal mode, never was in system recovery. I did not time it, but it probably took about 3 min for my phone to fully restart after the download completed.

So far have not noticed any obvious changes.

Just installed update (automatically)... Breaks root...

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Update pushed to my phone by Verizon today. Did not even give me a choice to accept or decline. I did not see any noticeable changes

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

Took a few minutes here also, no changes noticed

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

The only thing I want is to be able to separate notification and ringer sounds. That's all. I don't know what utter bonehead decided that they need to be LOCKED together, but they should be fed to rabid sharks.
    z71kris likes this.

As ususal, the update changed all the ringtones... [sigh]

Quote Originally Posted by rpdavisx View Post
    The only thing I want is to be able to separate notification and ringer sounds. That's all. I don't know what utter bonehead decided that they need to be LOCKED together, but they should be fed to rabid sharks.
    ICS Enhanced Ringer Control in the Play Store.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

update went ok...it changed my default ringtone but just changed it back...no biggie. Now if just would make me a cup of coffee at 0515h

Hey, guys...does it break root? I unlocked the bootloader, but am still S-on. Don't want the update if it breaks root!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCatcher View Post
    As ususal, the update changed all the ringtones... [sigh]
    I did the update and so far no noticeable difference. I did not have to reset my ringtone. Possibly because I am using my own ringtone, not one of theirs?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Hmmm... my data speeds seem to be cut in half or worse on LTE, normally get 25-35MB down and ~15MB up, now "only" 10 down and 8 up, signal strength is about the same (around -62 dBm) and at midnight locally. Tested three times with a phone with new update, and three times on one without (3.14.605.12), and same result, the older firmware resulted in much higher speeds. Anyone else noticing a slow down in 4G speeds with the new update or was this just a fluke?

wow ace! I hope that's just a fluke; maybe it will improve tomorrow. if this remains the case, are you going to flash the global RUU to take both phones off that garbage software?

if so, before you flash, i'd do a factory reset & retest.

let us know how it goes!

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    wow ace! I hope that's just a fluke; maybe it will improve tomorrow. if this remains the case, are you going to flash the global RUU to take both phones off that garbage software?

if so, before you flash, i'd do a factory reset & retest.

let us know how it goes!
    Personal one yes, my work one needs to remain stock... So far my personal one has let me defer it for a while, but I set it for today's date so will see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah. nevermind, looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.
    TBolt likes this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I just noticed another thing. No more screenshots via top power button? Did it revert a setting somewhere or did they disable this entirely.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast