1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Default Rezound died. Back to my Incredible.

My Rezound died about a week ago. No warning, just stopped responding. I did a battery pull, and it never worked again. It rebooted itself like 3 times, then showed a phone with a triangle and red exclamation point. After that, no signs of life ever again. Wouldn't charge. Tried two different batteries. Had a local repair shop diagnose it for free, they could not find anything wrong, so could not fix it. Been on my old Incredible ever since, which blows. Not sure why I'm even posting this, but maybe someone has a thought as to what the problem is.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: Rezound died. Back to my Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    My Rezound died about a week ago. No warning, just stopped responding. I did a battery pull, and it never worked again. It rebooted itself like 3 times, then showed a phone with a triangle and red exclamation point. After that, no signs of life ever again. Wouldn't charge. Tried two different batteries. Had a local repair shop diagnose it for free, they could not find anything wrong, so could not fix it. Been on my old Incredible ever since, which blows. Not sure why I'm even posting this, but maybe someone has a thought as to what the problem is.
    Two or three things I would try, first try a different charger/cable, and let it sit for a good 12 hours charging (without touching it) and see if that helps, next if you can get something out of it is remove the SIM card and see if it will boot, if it still doesn't boot, consider flashing either the OTA or Global Mode full RUU packages before giving it a decent burial!

My sons Bionic did something very similar, turned out to be a bad microUSB cable, once it sat charging on a new charger for 10 or so hours, it sprung to life.

If you decide it is dead, let me know and maybe we can figure something out.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

That's a bummer man. Maybe you could use an external battery charger just to make sure the batt's are indeed charged up.

At least you get to hang out with the Stig again over in the Incredible threads.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Same thing happened on my Thunderbolt. It looked like it charged but it didn't really, and then died. Something was wrong with the charging port and I had to exchange it. I hope you don't end up there.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Good stuff. I'll try it. Haha @ Wanda, "hang with the Stig", that was the good ol' days.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

Should be covered under warranty or extended warranty if you have either.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Good stuff. I'll try it. Haha @ Wanda, "hang with the Stig", that was the good ol' days.
    No post is irrelevant here. Those were some good ideas. ^^^^

I learned something new.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)