Rezound died. Back to my Incredible.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My Rezound died about a week ago. No warning, just stopped responding. I did a battery pull, and it never worked again. It rebooted itself like 3 times, then showed a phone with a triangle and red exclamation point. After that, no signs of life ever again. Wouldn't charge. Tried two different batteries. Had a local repair shop diagnose it for free, they could not find anything wrong, so could not fix it. Been on my old Incredible ever since, which blows. Not sure why I'm even posting this, but maybe someone has a thought as to what the problem is.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My Rezound died about a week ago. No warning, just stopped responding. I did a battery pull, and it never worked again. It rebooted itself like 3 times, then showed a phone with a triangle and red exclamation point. After that, no signs of life ever again. Wouldn't charge. Tried two different batteries. Had a local repair shop diagnose it for free, they could not find anything wrong, so could not fix it. Been on my old Incredible ever since, which blows. Not sure why I'm even posting this, but maybe someone has a thought as to what the problem is.
Two or three things I would try, first try a different charger/cable, and let it sit for a good 12 hours charging (without touching it) and see if that helps, next if you can get something out of it is remove the SIM card and see if it will boot, if it still doesn't boot, consider flashing either the OTA or Global Mode full RUU packages before giving it a decent burial!

My sons Bionic did something very similar, turned out to be a bad microUSB cable, once it sat charging on a new charger for 10 or so hours, it sprung to life.

If you decide it is dead, let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

That's a bummer man. Maybe you could use an external battery charger just to make sure the batt's are indeed charged up.

At least you get to hang out with the Stig again over in the Incredible threads.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened on my Thunderbolt. It looked like it charged but it didn't really, and then died. Something was wrong with the charging port and I had to exchange it. I hope you don't end up there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Should be covered under warranty or extended warranty if you have either.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Good stuff. I'll try it. Haha @ Wanda, "hang with the Stig", that was the good ol' days.

No post is irrelevant here. Those were some good ideas. ^^^^

I learned something new.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2