Battery issues since most recent update

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So I downloaded the new update on tuesday. I was home on tuesday and not really paying attention to my battery usage, but yesterday and today my battery consumption has drastically increased without any significant increase in phone usage. My phone was totally dead of battery from a full charge after 6 hours with only very light usuage. I can usually get through a 14-16 hour day. My charge is low (10-15%) but not dead. Today my phone died before noon. Yesterday died around 5pm.

Has anyone else noticed this. The only other major change with the last swiftkey update which happened on tuesday afternoon.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

thanks
-SPG

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded the new update on tuesday. I was home on tuesday and not really paying attention to my battery usage, but yesterday and today my battery consumption has drastically increased without any significant increase in phone usage. My phone was totally dead of battery from a full charge after 6 hours with only very light usuage. I can usually get through a 14-16 hour day. My charge is low (10-15%) but not dead. Today my phone died before noon. Yesterday died around 5pm.

Has anyone else noticed this. The only other major change with the last swiftkey update which happened on tuesday afternoon.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

thanks
-SPG
No Swiftkey, and updated two phones with .13 update, no significant battery drain... Kinda points to the cause of the issue I think. You could install GSAM and see what it says.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue before the update and I have Swiftkey as well so that's not the problem. I'm dead by noon with moderate usage.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think I have seen similar issues. GSAM says that the hotmail app is chewing up battery. I am thinking about stopping using the app, and see if it helps. I'm not sure what app I'll use to view those emails...

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So today without doing anything new my phone now seems to be back to normal. Unpluged at 6am, Plugged in around 9pm with 11% battery. the dead phone had waited a good 8 hours before I was able to plug it in. And once recharged I did restart it and today all seemed fine.

so who knows
-spg

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is turning into a battery life thread again... The Rezound will only get 2-2.5 hours of screen on time on a standard battery, and 3.5-5 hours on an extended battery. If you are getting with moderate or better signal strength it is normal, if it is significantly less screen on time, then you should install GSAM or similar battery monitor and see what is using up the battery, if nothing there then it's either a bad battery or hardware problem.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The screen is a major battery hog on this phone. That's a given.. And I have 2 standard batteries and they both last about the same length of time..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo