Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone somehow unrooted itself?

Hey,
    Before I start let me just say I'm very new to the rooting process. Following this guide (How To Root the HTC Rezound (Video) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr) I managed to root my rezound last week and was able to use tether and everything looked fine with the root checker. I just looked over at my phone a few minutes ago and it was shutting down and when it rebooted I no longer had root access. I'm guessing it installed some type of software update. Is this normal? What do I need to do to fix this and make sure it doesn't happen again going forward.

Thanks

Default Re: Phone somehow unrooted itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbiegaf3 View Post
    Hey,
    Before I start let me just say I'm very new to the rooting process. Following this guide (How To Root the HTC Rezound (Video) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr) I managed to root my rezound last week and was able to use tether and everything looked fine with the root checker. I just looked over at my phone a few minutes ago and it was shutting down and when it rebooted I no longer had root access. I'm guessing it installed some type of software update. Is this normal? What do I need to do to fix this and make sure it doesn't happen again going forward.

Thanks
    You are right about the software update. One was automatically pushed out this week. Thankfully, re-rooting is pretty simple. Boot into Amon Ra or TWRP (or whatever custom recovery you flashed in) and flash the latest SuperSU or Superuser ZIP package. After you have flashed SuperSU or Superuser from your SD card reboot your phone and it should be rooted.