Rooted phone randomly does mini reboot

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure exactly how to explain this, but I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and I've been experiencing weird reboots every once in a while since then. One of two things will happen
1) The phone will randomly turn off and I will have to hold the power button to turn it back on. When it comes back on it does not do a full boot, it just shows the 4G LTE screen and then boots (total process takes about 10 seconds). This normally happens when I am listening to music and when the phone finishes rebooting my bluetooth will not work unless I do a full restart.

2) Phone reboots while I'm using the browser and the phone restarts instead of turning off. Again does not do a full reboot only goes to the 4G screen then back to the home screen and the process also takes about 10 seconds.

It has only happened a handful of times but I'm just concerned that it will begin to happen more often. Has anybody else experienced this or does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Sean

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't think this has anything to do with rooting it. Rooting only gives you access to parts of the phone you normally wouldn't be allowed to get to.

Check this setting though, Menu>Settings>Power>Fast Boot. See if its checked or unchecked. I would un-check it then do a normal reboot.

When it's enabled fast boot doesn't allow the phone to do a full shutdown. After a while it's going to need a full reboot much like a computer but with fast boot enabled it won't be able to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If it going all the way to the 4G logo, or just to the white HTC screen, if so this sounds kind of like Sense (the UI) is restarting, not the entire phone, it is typically caused by a setting in the Developer Options menu called "Don't keep activities" make sure that is not checked.

Also, with such random restarts it might be advisable to do a Factory Default, especially if you haven't done one recently, to clean up junk that might lingering around causing issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11