Ugh! Back to the Dreaded "Syncing with Outlook" Question! Please Help!

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool cat ... GREAT NEWS! I will check out the app.
Honestly, Janet, I have been using this app for over a year now and it is by far the BEST that I have found for syncing Outlook to an android. Easy, fairly seamless, no real issues. Check it out here and let me know what you think:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t.myphoneexplorer.client&hl=en&token=PuIXO89N
FJ Software Development

Also, if you figure out the issues with 365, please post here and let me know, as having another option is never a bad thing!

Colleen Erickson

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Janet,

I have read this whole thread and was wondering if you might be able to help me out as well. I am trying to sync my outlook.com calendar to my Samsung Captivate. I have it set up with an Exchange ActiveSync in my account settings and my email syncs just fine but the calendar does not appear in my stock calendar app. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Colleen

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Colleen, in your stock calendar, on the top where it says "Multi-calendar" have you clicked on the drop down menu and selected your exchange account?

P.S. SO sorry for the delay in response. I've been really busy the past few days and didn't even come out to this site.

Mike Senn

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just spent the better part of last night trying to accomplish this. Success! I spent most of today putting together a video with the link to GoogleCalendarSync that still works.

How to Sync 2010 Outlook Calendar to your Android phone - YouTube

Hope this helps. I am using a Dell 8500 that I bought at the beginning of this year (2013) after Google pulled the plug on GoogleCalendarSync.
I had it built with Windows 7, and I'm using Office 2010. My phone is a year old HTC Amaze. It came with "HTC Sync"...but that just worked out to be a time vampire trying to get it to work.

Without the ability to share my calendar with my phone...useability stinks.

This is a big relief!:)

Hanan Naeem

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
try SyncRoid ... might help!
have been using it for a month now ... pretty happy. syncs my contacts, calendars and tasks with outlook, the best part is it uses bluetooth. :)
search 'syncroid' on google play. have tried other but the best ones are those that use usb cable and i wanted a wireless solution as that of my old phone. SyncRoid really helps
www.syncroid.com

wvh8899

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a super new Android user! Will MyPhoneExplorer app work for sync-ing between Outlook calendar and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1? If not, any suggestion on what to do for syncing between the two? Thanks!!

whosemarie

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Many people see the dangers of using a 'cloud server' for sensitive and important information. That's what you do with Microsoft Outlook Exchange. The OP is not talking about Exchange but about Outlook as a local program on his/her computer. The apparent inability to sync with Outlook on my business computer has kept me from an Android phone so far. Thus I am reading this forum.IPhone works perfectly.

I would, however like options. I'll keep reading and hoping people here recognize the diff between a LOCAL program and a cloud (thus internet/wireless required) program.

whosemarie

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think everyone is missing what CatB is trying to do here... (s)he is trying to sync OUTLOOK (the program) to their Android device, not an Exchange account. Syncing data directly to the phone from the PC like an old PDA. This is not a corporate email account, but a local copy of Outlook 2013 managing a POP3 or other non-Exchange email account, local calendar, and local contacts, no Exchange server is involved. Syncing directly to Outlook 2013 is problematic at best, since the old protocols used by 2003/2007/2010 are not supported in 2013.

THANK YOU!!!! I have tried to get answers for some time to this issue b4 changing to Android and no one seems to understand what a LOCAL program is!! So frustrating! I refuse to depend on a cloud server for anything important, ever. If I can' t sync with Outlook, I won't change to Android. Another issue has been the inability to sync Fire HD with Outlook. :::sigh::::

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that I have mentioned this before ....... but FWIW.... I use MS Outlook - (the program) on my desktop. I've used it for years and don't want to change, so I have an app called "My Phone Explorer" installed on my Rezound and on my desktop.

I can sync my PC info (in my case just calendar info and contacts) to my phone using this program. I have to have it running on both devices. Also FWIW I use "CalenGoo" as my phone calender. It's a dumb name but a nice looking calendar app. I believe MPE works with other android calendars as well. There was a very small learning curve, but it is working just fine for me.

jackoch

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Cat,
I have been using Outlook for years and could not find a good local sync solution. I wanted something direct and reliable. I was totally frustrated but I just found a solution that works really well. Take a look at Akruto Sync Akruto Sync program. It is completely cloud-free, 2 directional and direct sync program that works through Wi-fi or data plan. I think Akruto Sync is the best syncing app to sync Outlook calendar, contacts, and tasks directly with your Android phone.

Hope this helps!
Jack

Last edited:

Jackee Turner

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII 4G Andriod mobile and have been using the app Outlook.com for a while and it's great for receiving emails while I'm out and it has synced all my contacts fine. But I too am having an issue with syncing my Calendar.

I go to my Calander app and it has synced with my gmail calander but not my outlook calander. I do have Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook 2013 operating. Any advise would be apprecaited.

freddy-farkel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had experience using "Android-Synch". It concerns me that if their programming skills are as bad as the English grammar on their website then they are probably not a safe bet. (one would think that they would have an English speaking person proof read their website if they want to be taken seriously). It also concerns me that they have NO CONTACT INFORMATION, no address, no phone number, no email. What's with that??

Brian Dorken

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I think that I have mentioned this before ....... but FWIW.... I use MS Outlook - (the program) on my desktop. I've used it for years and don't want to change, so I have an app called "My Phone Explorer" installed on my Rezound and on my desktop.

I can sync my PC info (in my case just calendar info and contacts) to my phone using this program. I have to have it running on both devices. Also FWIW I use "CalenGoo" as my phone calender. It's a dumb name but a nice looking calendar app. I believe MPE works with other android calendars as well. There was a very small learning curve, but it is working just fine for me.

I have just come upon this thread and thought I would try "My Phone Explorer". I can't believe you are all raving about it. Whilst installing the desktop client and ducked and dived around the usual trick of trying to get you to install numerous toolbars and other nefarious malware, when I tried to launch the program itself it goes no further than another installation procedure for a security backup vault or whatever, which I have to use Task Manager to halt. Why are you all recommending this s***!

irontechmonkey

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
@ Brian Dorken, Sounds like you may have other problems with your computer mate. Although MyPhoneExplorer has a home grown feel and occasionally does crash (never loosing data in my case), and may offer undesired software at the point of installation (which you can decline or get rid of later) it is otherwise a good software citizen on computer and phone. For people who have been spoiled by being able to sync corporate Exchange accounts to mobile devices (or in my case spoiled by being one of the people who supports the aforementioned people) MyPhoneExplorer is the best free option available to sync directly from local computer to mobile device without using "the cloud" and it also has some other nifty features. The one thing it and nearly all other such sync software still lacks is a true sync of the Email inbox like the old Blackberry PIM. Sigh.

Just because it did not work for you does not mean it's bad. Also, the cookies and crap pushed through your browsers by this very forum are far worse that anything MyPhone Explorer does ;)

... not that I don't appreciate this forum - as with My Phone Explorer many free resource are laden with advertising junk. In the case of MyPhoneExplorer that stuff is easily avoidable, but this forum is one the few I've ever been unable to access in a "secured" browser.

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
@ Brian Dorken Sorry about that. I did know about the malware, but I was lucky enough to avoid installing those bad items. I've learned to be very suspicious whenever I download anything. I did manage to get the desk top application up and running and it works fine for me. That original installation was some time ago and had completely slipped my mind until reading of your woes. I would still like to see an easier solution and maybe one day I will.

Robin Meyerowitz

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I found this..
at How to sync Google Calendar with Outlook 2010 and 2013

I downloaded the little program, ran it, Yippee, now everything on my Outlook ia automatically synced to my Android...

Calendar Sync / Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook
At the end of the last year Google officially announced “Google Sync End of Life“, including the Google Calendar Sync, which caused great agitation and confusion to Gmail users. The gist of it is that starting from January 2013, no new devices can be set up using Google Sync (a little piece of good news is that existing users can continue to use it to sync with Outlook Calendar).

So, the Google Calendar Sync download link was removed and Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook plug-in took its place. This new sync app adds support for Office 2013, automatically syncs e-mail, contacts and calendars between Outlook and Google apps servers and simultaneously copies data from a company’s Exchange servers.

A fly in the ointment is that Google Apps Sync is available only for paid accounts as well as for Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government users. If you are one of those lucky customers, you may find the following resources helpful:

Download Google Apps Sync for Outlook – on this page you can find the latest version of Google Apps Sync and watch an introductory video that will help you quickly get started with this plug-in.

Work with your Google Calendar in Outlook – detailed guidance on how to set up and use Google Apps Sync with Outlook 2013 – 2003.

How to get the old good Google Calendar Sync to work for you
If you don’t have any of the above mentioned Google Apps accounts, don’t be upset, you still can make the officially discontinued Google Calendar Sync work for you and have your Outlook and Google Gmail calendars synced in both directions. Yes, it’s true, no kidding :)

Here’s what you do:

1. Use this backup link to download and install Google Calendar Sync.