"So long and thanks for all the fish" & "Live long and prosper"

thecabinboy

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So I upgraded from my Rezound to a DNA this weekend (March 16) and am a little concerned I should have waited. The wife was getting a new IPhone 5 and I guess I became a little jealous and wanted something shiny and new too. I have the 14 day period to return. With my luck, I know that on day 15 the next greatest thing will be released. Thank you for all the help with the Rezound. I am not putting it out to pasture but will be giving it to my dad as a "upgrade" to his Samsung Stellar.

from Wikipedia:
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

"The Vulcan salute is a hand gesture consisting of a raised hand, palm forward with the fingers parted between the middle and ring finger, and the thumb extended. Often, the famous line, "Live long and prosper", is said after it. The salute was devised and popularized by Leonard Nimoy, who portrayed the half-Vulcan character Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek television series in the late 1960s."

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So I upgraded from my Rezound to a DNA this weekend (March 16) and am a little concerned I should have waited. The wife was getting a new IPhone 5 and I guess I became a little jealous and wanted something shiny and new too. I have the 14 day period to return. With my luck, I know that on day 15 the next greatest thing will be released. Thank you for all the help with the Rezound. I am not putting it out to pasture but will be giving it to my dad as a "upgrade" to his Samsung Stellar.

from Wikipedia:
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

"The Vulcan salute is a hand gesture consisting of a raised hand, palm forward with the fingers parted between the middle and ring finger, and the thumb extended. Often, the famous line, "Live long and prosper", is said after it. The salute was devised and popularized by Leonard Nimoy, who portrayed the half-Vulcan character Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek television series in the late 1960s."

Actually, Leonard Nimoy used a Jewish hand gesture which is from the "priestly class" (an attempt to spell it "Ha-Kohane"). You will note the similarity to the surname Cohen which usually denotes someone from that class (amongst others of course). I have heard interviews where Nimoy indicates this is where he got it from, and since its engraved on my parents tombstones too, Id go with it (no trekkies there,LOL!)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The dna is a fine phone. Nothing in the near future would be worth upgrading to, imo. So you would be fine. I wanted a bigger screen myself, so I got the note 2 for $37.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The dna is a fine phone. Nothing in the near future would be worth upgrading to, imo. So you would be fine. I wanted a bigger screen myself, so I got the note 2 for $37.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I just did the same. Couldn't take the poor battery life and small screen anymore. Didn't get mine for $37 but so far it's been worth every penny.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34