Rezound Update on the way...Again

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
A new update but no JB :(

Please post when it arrives.

HTC Rezound finally gets global roaming, Jelly Bean nowhere to be seen | Android Central

From Verizon:

SOFTWARE UPDATE HTC REZOUND
VERIZON WIRELESS AND HTC ENCOURAGE YOU TO DOWNLOAD THIS UPDATE.
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update,
4.05.605.14 710RD, for your HTC Rezound.
For Step-by-Step instructions on how to perform the
download, please visit verizonwireless.com/rezoundsupport
? Global Roaming and Global Support
are now enabled. Now take advantage
of voice and data services in more than
205 countries worldwide. For additional
information and support please visit
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ns-and-services/international/&token=CIpx9mX3.
? Let?s Golf 2, Data Widget and
VZNavigator have been updated
? Improvements to Skype video
call quality have been made
? Improved device stability by
minimizing device lockups and resets
have been made
? Mobile Hotspot now displays correct
number of connected devices
? Improvements have been made to
BackUp Assistant Connectivity
and Reliability
? Guided tour videos have been updated
in ?Basic Set-up and Usage Videos?
? Visual Voicemail has been updated to
reflect the accurate notifications
? Improvements to Data connectivity
have been made
? Apps such as Mobile IM, VOD, VCAST
Music, Blockbuster and VCAST Apps
have been removed
DEVICE FEATURES & ENHANCEMENTS
HTC REZOUND
Data Charges May Apply. ? 2013 Verizon Wireless. 0413-G0929

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Until Verizon finally releases Jelly Bean on the Rezound, I am going on a hunger strike

right after I finish this pizza

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
TBolt, look at this:

<<piizzadude says:

If that is the right version number, it was leaked OVER 6MONTHS AGO. They were just sitting on it. That is why Verizon is the worst for updates. This isn't HTC, it's vzw.

Check xda if you need proof

Posted on Apr 25 2013 | 2:20 pm - 18 hours ago>>>

What the heck. It says he is banned, but he is still able to post comments on AC stories.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Saw hotspot fix...GREAT.. then saw details...accurately report number of users. Well thank God...now I know exactly how many users are losing their streaming every 30 seconds. And minimizing lockups and resets? What am I going to do now on my lunch break? I had actually started to enjoy watching that logo with the expanding neon lines. Both mesmerizing and relaxing. And the great practice of sending my calls straight to voicemail instead of bothering me with that annoying call ringtone...I hope they didn't fix that. Please, don't continue working on any of these. And for god's sake...why are you finally getting rid the useless bloatware? They all have sorts of interesting icons that I keep arranged on one screen in the shape of a middle finger. Maybe I'll replace them with my Justin Bieber pic. And please....NO JELLYBEAN TO CONFUSE ME.

I admit it. I've had an HTC since day one ...but...I think it's time for a Sammy4 in a month. It was a good run while it lasted.

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Installed the update over lunch. No issues with install - phone seems to be running faster (though i'll let it set in for a true rundown)...other than that, nothing really noticable - no version bump either...still on 4.0.3 ICS

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Downloading Firmware now. Just as I was going to load another album onto the phone. Oh well. I still love the phone and will continue to rock it until the HTC One comes to Verizon. :cool:

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's treatment of the Rezound, Incredible 4G, and DNA has led to my deciding not to go HTC so long as I'm with Big Red. There's just a lack of interest in supporting the devices. Next time i think i'll be back with Moto - just gonna try and hang on til the X-phone.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
TBolt, look at this:

<<piizzadude says:

If that is the right version number, it was leaked OVER 6MONTHS AGO. They were just sitting on it. That is why Verizon is the worst for updates. This isn't HTC, it's vzw.

Check xda if you need proof

Posted on Apr 25 2013 | 2:20 pm - 18 hours ago>>>

What the heck. It says he is banned, but he is still able to post comments on AC stories.

I noticed that in the comments! haha. I wish the mods would just let the guy back in. :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Verizon's treatment of the Rezound, Incredible 4G, and DNA has led to my deciding not to go HTC so long as I'm with Big Red. There's just a lack of interest in supporting the devices. Next time i think i'll be back with Moto - just gonna try and hang on til the X-phone.

+1

I want to see what new direction Moto is going in. More importantly, I want to see if Google can strong-arm Verizon into allowing direct updates, or at least see if the new Moto is root-friendly.

eldean

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
When I try to check for updates. Nothing happens. Could something be wrong with my phone. I still did not receive that update a few months back.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
+1

I want to see what new direction Moto is going in. More importantly, I want to see if Google can strong-arm Verizon into allowing direct updates, or at least see if the new Moto is root-friendly.

I wish they'd let him back in too!.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Was thinking the same thing but went with Samsung instead.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jvolstad

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My update installed yesterday evening. Think it took around 40 minutes or so. After a couple of reboots, all is fine. I use a stock Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My update installed yesterday evening. Think it took around 40 minutes or so. After a couple of reboots, all is fine. I use a stock Rezound.

40 minutes? wtf.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I try to check for updates. Nothing happens. Could something be wrong with my phone. I still did not receive that update a few months back.
Not an uncommon issue unfortunately for some reason a file is missing from the phone, the solution is relatively simple but requires a factory reset and wiping the device.

I don't get updates cause I flashed ICS a long time ago...I'm not really sure how to get it back so I can get the updates...
If you are not on an official build, you will never see the update... you will need to do the same as the above user.

Install the official 3.14.605.12 RUU from Android Police, it is fairly simple, but will factory default your phone. From there you can update to .13 OTA and should be able to get the latest update eventually.

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else get this? I"m still waiting for mine. Does anybody else have any good or bad stories from the update? There has not been a lot of chatter regarding the Rezound in a long time. I've only read one person having trouble because all their pictures/music were deleted on their SD card after this update.

Gene

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power