uninstall Facebook's latest update

Anna K

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I did some searching and didn't find the same question in the forums.

Facebook updated itself recently, and while I like the new app, it no longer has the option to sort by Most Popular or Most Recent posts.
How do I uninstall the latest update so I can retrieve this feature?
Or does anyone know where this feature lies in the new app?
I looked in Settings > Apps > Facebook and didn't see the "uninstall update" button. I have it in some apps I downloaded, but Facebook was a pre-loaded app.

I have the HTC Rezound, un-rooted.

Thanks in advance!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I did some searching and didn't find the same question in the forums.

Facebook updated itself recently, and while I like the new app, it no longer has the option to sort by Most Popular or Most Recent posts.
How do I uninstall the latest update so I can retrieve this feature?
Or does anyone know where this feature lies in the new app?
I looked in Settings > Apps > Facebook and didn't see the "uninstall update" button. I have it in some apps I downloaded, but Facebook was a pre-loaded app.

I have the HTC Rezound, un-rooted.

Thanks in advance!
You can't uninstall a specific update, its all updates or the entire app, depending on if it's built into the ROM or not. But the sorting option is still there, it's just in a different place, tap the menu (3 bars in the upper left) then tap the spikey circle icon on the right of the words "News Feed", your settings for Top Stories or Most Recent should pop right up.

Anna K

May 1, 2013
Visit site
You can't uninstall a specific update, its all updates or the entire app, depending on if it's built into the ROM or not. But the sorting option is still there, it's just in a different place, tap the menu (3 bars in the upper left) then tap the spikey circle icon on the right of the words "News Feed", your settings for Top Stories or Most Recent should pop right up.

That worked, thank you!!!

Todd Pullen

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem - but I cannot fix it by tapping on the 3 bars in the upper left-hand corner because they do not exist in this latest "update" from Facebook. Now, it goes straight to my News Feed which always starts with a message saying "Keep your account secure by switching to the official Facebook Android app. (Download)" Unfortunately, when I tap Download, nothing happens. To get to my Profile and other features, I have to tap the back arrow, where everything is displayed as a group of 9 icons with a scroll of photos at the bottom. It no longer looks like the Facebook I use on my computer, and it now takes several seconds to load and close.

The problem I am having is that this "updated" News Feed includes things from Yahoo and other sources which I do not want to see. Also, I am wondering if this is the legitimate Facebook app, since I get that warning now, and when I look in Application Manager I see 2 Facebook apps - one that is 3.63 MG and one that is 8.00 MG called Facebook for HTC Sense.

I have a Sprint HTC / Android phone. The update occurred today. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674