Be prepared

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently and for the first time broke a screen on my phone. I usually take very good care of my devices, but stuff happens. Anyway, I have insurance and even though I unlocked the bootloader I've been seeing that it doesn't void anything just being unlocked. I was going to make the insurance claim when I got to the part about the replacement device, and that's when it happened... They are not replacing the Rezound with even a referb unit, they are replacing it with Thunderbolt or Droid Incredible 4G. I called to see if there was anyway to work something else out and they offered me the Razr Maxx. I told them thanks but no thanks. I only have about 4 months left before I can upgrade and I'll just replace the glass myself.

I did call HTC and they wanted $160, but were going to replace the glass and LCD.

So be prepared if you have an insurance claim with Asurion you'll have to take a lessor device.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You could ask for a gnex, if you don't want a Razr Maxx, that's the only major phone around that time.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's just it, when I got the Rezound I had all those phones to choose from and this was what I chose. I didn't want them then and I didn't want them now. My screen replacement went well so I'm still happy for about 4 more months. Then it'll be the kids problem, when I hopefully step up into something nicer. Although I have to say the pickings are looking pretty slim. No Sony z, no M7 nothing else is really looking that good to me.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand your feeling, but asurion only guarantees same or like device, not an upgrade. While you might not like the options, I do believe that the gnex and razr are like devices.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I understand about the not upgrading. I didn't expect an upgrade. I picked the HTC because I'm kind of a fanboy when it comes to HTC plus I like sense. The other two at the time of release were not models that I was interested in. After looking at the specs and listening to the reviews I knew that the rezound was the one for me. Now after hearing some of the new models Verizon will be offering I'm kind of glad that I'm not going to trade in for something else. Nothing that I've heard about sounds really appealing to me.

desisangel

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
For anyone else interested, it's not the droid incredible 2 but rather the incredible 4g that came out last june/july. Also, the replacement incredible 4g I received yesterday was brand new in the box, not a CLNR.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For anyone else interested, it's not the droid incredible 2 but rather the incredible 4g that came out last june/july. Also, the replacement incredible 4g I received yesterday was brand new in the box, not a CLNR.

The incredible 4GLTE is certainly a step up in about every aspect bit screen size.

fiend2386

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up.

I cracked my screen today and went through the process and they have Rezounds back in stock. I'm guessing that was a temporary thing.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen today and went through the process and they have Rezounds back in stock. I'm guessing that was a temporary thing.

That sucks, in a way. When I talked to them they didn't even mention try back in a week or three days, our stock rotates, they just flat said these are your choices. Anyway, I have the experience of replacing another glass under my belt. That's two for me, one on an old Inc that we gave to the kids, and now this one. It turned out good so that's a plus, otherwise I would really be kicking and screaming. The down side is that I also broke my vibrator motor lead. I saw where others have had this same thing happen when replacing something inside of this model. It is only costing me $3.25 and some time. I might not have replaced it but it's funny how much you miss something when you don't have it. I'm glad fiend was able to get a Rezound, and even given that, a new digitizer and vibrator motor only cost me around $14 total compared to the co-pay, and other than 2 little things that no one else has noticed I'd say it was worth it. Plus I can drop my insurance for the next 4 months and save $40 bucks too. I'm the one that made out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol