Insufficient Storage Available

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am sick and tired of getting this when updating an app because the only way I can fix it is if I uninstall then install. Any ideas of fixing this?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am sick and tired of getting this when updating an app because the only way I can fix it is if I uninstall then install. Any ideas of fixing this?

Do you use Skype or Oovoo? If so, every time you make a call it stores information and starts to hog up all your space. Go into settings, apps, select the app and then clear the data. It's a real pain because you have to set it up again with your user name and password, but it fixes the insufficient storage issue. If you don't use Skype of Oovoo, it could be some other app that is storing unnecessary information.

Paul Saliba

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same insufficient storage available problem, I own a sony xperia j, I have an 8g sd card in it, I wonder if there is a setting that i missed to make any app download go into the sd card rather than the phone. I assume the insufficient storage is on the phone and not on the sd card. Can anyone help pls. oh by the way I just downloaded the cache cleaner, have to see what happens still.

LOHucks

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
To the OP...I understand your plight. I have no resolution, as I encounter the same issue from time to time. ---Don't know why--- I have a TF300T 32gb storage, w/22gb avail, and a 16gb SD Card, w/9gb avail. I am trying to install an 8.46mb Google Earth app that results in the same error message as you. So.....the posts/replies telling you to use this, use that, do this, do that......so far I have previously done all of those. The don't help.In the past, when I've had this issue, it only seemed to work itself out after I installed another app, and then came back to install the problematic app. Virus Scanners (AVG and Avast), System Maintenance apps (CleanMaster, MemoryBooster and CacheMate) have not resolved it.Again..I have no resolution, just a suggestion: try to download a small app, e.g. ebook reader, or a free ebook thru Kindle, Nook or other app (not Google PlayBooks). I think the system (Android) remembers (in a "secret" cache) that problem install, and needs a "rewrite" via another install. So...if you know that your memory (shown in System/Memory) is at a good level free, this may (or may not) work for you. It works for me, but I came here trying to find if there are any app suggestions, or Settings suggestions, that have been proven to work "flawlessly" every time. R/S.....

Okay....Three hours after my initial response to the OP's problem, I came across a posting by user/member "nazty4"-- I think. His response was this: Go to System/Data/App.....and find the old install leftover, for the program you are currently trying to install. It should be only one file....*****.odex. Delete it. Try reinstall again. But, my TF300T is rooted, and I have a File Manager/Explorer that shows my Root and Rooted Files. Android File Manager does not. Just FYI.

Last edited:

Swagga Sickson

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The various recommendations given so far are valid, i'd been having the same problem. Last time I was trying to install avast and the message kept coming up and I had to uninstall and clear data from some apps. This time I wanted to update my Whatsapp and the msg kept coming again. I cleared data and it didnt work, I kep looking till I found yahoo had been storing upto 36.5MB of data internally. So I really recommend clearing the data from your apps.

uthier

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have 6G free internally, and an SD card with ~30G available. So clearly the problem is not an actual lack of room.

I have never seen this problem before I rooted my Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710 - the Sprint version). Are all the other people that suffer from the ISA using rooted phones? Can this be related to the problem. [I'm quiet sure that all the experts here have rooted their phones, so this most likely is not the problem, but I thought it's worth mentioning..]

Thanks in advance!

Radiah Kamzarizam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
i tried this n so far working...install app2sd.apk then when u see a ! on the right side uninstall it n then u update all the app that cant be updated..hopefully works :)

sonvx

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
didn't work for me :(. I have 3.8Gb free for internal storage, 22Gb free for external storage and I couldn't update built-in application which cannot be remove. Any suggestion? I have tried all above methods but they didn't work for me.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You can go into each app and if the app writer wrote the option into the app, you can move the app to your external sd card. I am must a geek who has so many even this doesn't help me.
Go to Settings > Apps > Select an App > Select move to phone storage.
If you want to move the app back to the phone internal storage you do the same and select "move to phone" on the last step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals39