Anyone still using a Rezound?

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to leave Verizon as soon as my 2 last contracts are up. What are people using now? My phone is out of warranty so I might root. Am I talking in an empty room? :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I miss my rezound. Wish they would have made a 2nd version of the rezound. Currently using galaxy 3 and am very happy with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I rooted & now I'm good for a while. I do not want to extend my contract any further until other companies beef up their 4G; then, I will switch for the best stock Android phone available at the time.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There are still quite a few Rezounds out there, I personally have two, both of them are less than a year old and will last for a while even though my contract is up in a couple months... probably going to take my personal one and try a Straight Talk SIM and see if I can get it to work on that network, $45 a month for unlimited everything is pretty hard to beat.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
There are still quite a few Rezounds out there, I personally have two, both of them are less than a year old and will last for a while even though my contract is up in a couple months... probably going to take my personal one and try a Straight Talk SIM and see if I can get it to work on that network, $45 a month for unlimited everything is pretty hard to beat.

If you do the straight talk thing let us know how that goes. I've always wondered about their service, primarily their data speeds.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you do the straight talk thing let us know how that goes. I've always wondered about their service, primarily their data speeds.

I know a few people who have done this, it is using the AT&T Network, so the Rezound doesn't support their 4G/LTE network but it does support their "fake 4G" HSPA+ network, which maxes out at 7Mb/s down, but in my area most people see more in the range of 2-5 Mb/s... Certainly not Verizon's 45Mb/s we see here, but should be sufficient for most activities.

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still happy with mine. I've had it since the week they came out and never had a major problem. I don't have any good reason to change.

Not so happy with Verizon, but the alternatives don't seem better.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine's still doing fine. Have latest VZ update. Almost 2 years old and still get good battery life with no reboot problems or any glitches. Been looking at the Nokia 925 and like it but I'm keeping mine at least to the end of this year.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive been on the Rezound for 6 months after 1.5 years on the doomed Thunderbolt. I like the phone, its a bit laggy but its paid for LOL! It's what the TB should have been. I do find the battery life took a hit with the last update yet as a trade off I find I get better connection in parts of my home whereI didnt get any at all. I have been eligible for upgrade since last November and nothing on VZ is calling my name enough to give up my unlimited (which I never get near 2.0 G anyway) and to spend more money. The HTC one has been tempting but luckily VZ doesnt carry it. I didnt see the DNA as a needed upgrade from the Rezound given my usage. I am moving next month so it all depends on the coverage where I land. VZ was the only option where Iive now so I might just dump them all together. I just dont know if I want another HTC/verizon experience.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I still use mine here and there. I go back and forth with my iPhone4 and to be honest my iPhone4 gets more usage than my Rezound. My Rezound was horrible stock so I rooted and installed an AOSP Rom. I came from the HTC Incredible which was incredibly easy to flash roms but this Rezound is a bit more complicated and puts me off. Unless you are S-Off installing ROM's is way too much of a pain in the you know what. So needless to say my Rezound is a paper weight right now. However, it is not a bad device if you have the right rom on it. The screen is gorgeous and JB rom's are pretty sweet.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still running like a champ, we have two upgrades, but not sure if we will use them yet. I am waiting for now to see if Verizon gets the 32g S4, but currently not in a rush to change out. I have had very few issues with my rezound, its been a rather good phone for me so far.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Rezound user here but its days are numbered... my wife has a Thunderbolt and she is ready to back over it with the car, so -- I'm looking at S4 or Note 2 @ full retail price (to preserve my unlimited account) and will move my Rezound to her line.

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using the Rezound. It's been a great phone, and I'll keep using it until something significantly better comes out. Maybe the Galaxy Note III or something. I don't upgrade at every slight increase in specs. When a phone comes out with a bigger screen and higher resolution, better camera (not just more megapixels), quad core processor and at least 2 GB RAM, and extended battery comes out I will get it. I want to keep my unlimited Verizon data plan too, so I will have to pay full price or switch to Sprint maybe.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I miss my rezound. Wish they would have made a 2nd version of the rezound. Currently using galaxy 3 and am very happy with it.

The HTC Droid DNA is essentially the Rezound 2: Model 6435 vs. 6425, and is an improvement over the Rezound in virtually every aspect except lack of sd card and removable battery.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Still kicking with my Rezound. Still like the phone but of course battery is sucky, and getting worse with age (have had it for a year and a half).

I'd root the phone, put a solid ROM on there like EclipticRez version 8 and enjoy your final months with it before shooting yourself in the foot by going to BB.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still kicking with my Rezound. Still like the phone but of course battery is sucky, and getting worse with age (have had it for a year and a half).

I'd root the phone, put a solid ROM on there like EclipticRez version 8 and enjoy your final months with it before shooting yourself in the foot by going to BB.

Been on my Rez almost 2 years now (thanks Verizon for moving back my renewal date 4 months too - seriously?). Been rooted most of the time and just this week jumped from Newts OneXxx to EclipticRez v9 - solid rom so far.

Rez is my 3 rd straight htc phone. Anyways, had some interest in seeing if Verizon would get the htc One but after seeing how htc phones on Verizon don't seem to get any updates or timely ones, where other phones got jelly bean, etc, and hearing this week that a bunch of htc executives jumped ship, I'm seriously leaning towards the Galaxy S4 (ideally a 32gb version since the 16gb is bloated 1/2 with bloat ware and big OS).

Galaxy s4 is more predominant and has users on all carriers so will be supported. I'll try holding off a few more months before calling my corporate rep, and see what comes out.

But also not too happy with Verizon shafting customers with not having good selection of premium phones, messing with our unlimited data, messing with phone price subsidies,etc...

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking my Rezound as well. Alternate frequently between AOSP ROMs like Infection or Gotham as well as some Sense ROMs like Ecliptic to keep things fresh. Love my phone. Probably won't switch until I see the fabled HTC Nexus 5 or have enough money for an unlocked Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

jvolstad

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using the Rezound after almost two years. Waiting for Advanced LTE phones to come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome