Anyone still using a Rezound?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Advanced LTE?

Posted via Android Central App
Basically it is the next "4G"... more like the REAL 4G since what we have now is a far cry from what 4G was actually supposed to be, but that is a discussion for another thread. :)

It is based on the 3GPP Release 10 standards of LTE, offering 1Gbps download and 500Mbps upload speeds in theory, more like 200-300Mbps down and 100-175Mbps upload in real life.

brzelt

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I still use mine and I bought it two weeks after coming out.

Still works great, but I do have an outlet in my truck to charge..... I would not trade the phone for any out there right now. Certainly not an Ifone, my daughters have em and I cannot stand them..

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I held out for as long as i could, but after my rezound decided to stop reliably connecting to data at all (not even 3G), i bit the bullet and bought a Galaxy S4 over the weekend. I did not think i would be as impressed as I am. Performance is smooth as silk, display is beautiful, and bluetooth works much better than with my rezound. Night and day difference. The only squabble one could argue (build quality) will be resolved shortly with the Carbon Fiber case i have on order. Truly outstanding phone.

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Still using mine since early may of last year. Debating whether to upgrade to sg4, wait till end of June when htc One is rumored to release on Verizon, or check out that advanced lte or VoLTE and maybe wait for them..

sent from your HTC Rezound

anon(636157)

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Had mine about 1.5 years and see no compelling reason to switch right now. Does everything I need it to as long as I reboot it regularly. I bought the extended battery as soon as I got the phone and usually lasts a day with light usage. My wife has the S3 which I really like, but don't want to pay the premium right now.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Still have mine, since Nov. 2011. Stock. Bought another, OEM battery on eBay as a spare. Like some others, I don't see anything currently available that would cause me to switch, other than Rezound's doubtful global capability.

chucktr

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We too still have ours. Got it January 5th, 2012. It was one of the 'Hot' phones at the time. The ReZound, the Galaxy and the Razor were the top three. Unfortunately, for some reason our ReZound got orphaned. -But- we like it and are sticking with it. Now that some of the developers have released JB version ROMs it is getting even more interesting. We just installed our first Custom ROM yesterday. CM10

We have even created a couple of WebPages covering our exploits and what we found on the Web. Trying to get it all in one place. IF you would like to view them they are at: HTC Rezound - Smartphone -and- CM10 Install.
The first one is a conglamoration and the second is hopefully in better shape. They are mostly for ourselves -but- if anyone can benefit from them ... great.
No. We are NOT advertising anything. Just info. Thanks and have a good day.

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Still using mine since early may of last year. Debating whether to upgrade to sg4, wait till end of June when htc One is rumored to release on Verizon, or check out that advanced lte or VoLTE and maybe wait for them..

Update.. I unknowingly dropped my phone leaving work in the parking lot, where it stayed overnight. When I found it, I also found that it had been run over haha. Still working.. (just barely) so I'll be getting the galaxy since that's the top phone on Verizon now

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Still have mine, since Nov. 2011. Stock. Bought another, OEM battery on eBay as a spare. Like some others, I don't see anything currently available that would cause me to switch, other than Rezound's doubtful global capability.
Umm... the Rezound has had Global capability for a few months now, since the OTA 4.5.605.14 ROM was released.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Umm... the Rezound has had Global capability for a few months now, since the OTA 4.5.605.14 ROM was released.

In April, the very next day after the new OTA, I tried it with the Global SIM Ieft from my European trip a year ago. It gave me a new phone number, connected to the AT&T network, and I could make and receive calls, and receive texts, but not send.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In April, the very next day after the new OTA, I tried it with the Global SIM Ieft from my European trip a year ago. It gave me a new phone number, connected to the AT&T network, and I could make and receive calls, and receive texts, but not send.
This is because you did not have the proper GSM APN settings configured in the phone for the carrier that provided that SIM, it should have worked fine.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
This is because you did not have the proper GSM APN settings configured in the phone for the carrier that provided that SIM, it should have worked fine.

We're having this conversation on two parallel threads. :D I bought that global SIM from a reseller here, in the States. It's plain vanilla white, so who knows who made it. When I tried it here and it didn't work for outgoing texts, do you think I should've contacted AT&T because that's what I saw on the screen?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
We're having this conversation on two parallel threads. :D I bought that global SIM from a reseller here, in the States. It's plain vanilla white, so who knows who made it. When I tried it here and it didn't work for outgoing texts, do you think I should've contacted AT&T because that's what I saw on the screen?
From what I have seen, Global prepaid SIMs usually come with APN settings for data or do not include data/text services at all. You could try just using AT&T APN settings (Google can get this for you quickly, and most other carriers as well, they are not secret) if there is no support for the SIM from the seller, but they may not have a data/text roaming agreement with AT&T either. It is generally best to just grab a prepaid SIM at a local cellular store or in the airport of your destination, they are usually significantly cheaper and the sales/support people are familiar with most phones and how to config them quickly.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen, Global prepaid SIMs usually come with APN settings for data or do not include data/text services at all. You could try just using AT&T APN settings (Google can get this for you quickly, and most other carriers as well, they are not secret) if there is no support for the SIM from the seller, but they may not have a data/text roaming agreement with AT&T either. It is generally best to just grab a prepaid SIM at a local cellular store or in the airport of your destination, they are usually significantly cheaper and the sales/support people are familiar with most phones and how to config them quickly.

The instructions for the Global SIM I got mention only calls and texts. There's nothing about data. The idea is to go to a country (incl. the US), send a text to some four digit number, have a returned text with the new phone number, and voila. That is the scenario which I tried with my Rezound. P.S. Do you remember a discussion on XDA that mentioned outgoing texts not working? P.P.S. acejavelin, should we take the rest to the "Global?" thread, to have it all in one place?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The instructions for the Global SIM I got mention only calls and texts. There's nothing about data. The idea is to go to a country (incl. the US), send a text to some four digit number, have a returned text with the new phone number, and voila. That is the scenario which I tried with my Rezound. P.S. Do you remember a discussion on XDA that mentioned outgoing texts not working? P.P.S. acejavelin, should we take the rest to the "Global?" thread, to have it all in one place?
Yes, lets move it... BTW, the discussion on XDA was prior to the official global release, not sure how relevant it is anymore. I will be honest though, I have not tried this on the Rezound personally, I am only going by what I read/hear/see and interpret it with my 20+ years of experience in the telecom industry.

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I still have a Rezound. It's actually my 3rd rezound (could have gone for a 4th at least). I've had a lot of problems with this phone (mainly battery life, constant reboot cycle, data interruptions, and message send/receive issues). As of yesterday, I qualify for an upgrade finally and am truly debating going with the S4. I'd just prefer not to have to pay $200 for another phone at this time. Any idea how soon they may have a sale for the phone to be $150 or less?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I still have a Rezound. It's actually my 3rd rezound (could have gone for a 4th at least). I've had a lot of problems with this phone (mainly battery life, constant reboot cycle, data interruptions, and message send/receive issues). As of yesterday, I qualify for an upgrade finally and am truly debating going with the S4. I'd just prefer not to have to pay $200 for another phone at this time. Any idea how soon they may have a sale for the phone to be $150 or less?
Watch Sam's Club or LetsTalk.com, they are ~$179 right now, but Amazon Wireless has them listed at $119-$149 ($119 new contract, $149 renewal), so it is under $150 right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair