my rezound is acting on its on

bandit16

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Crazy things r going on,tonite my wife's phone automatically dialed my number but added a 011 in front of it , also her is adding apps and removing apps on its on and removed her contact list plus numerous other things. Can anyone please help with situation

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If the device is truly adding this stuff on its own, in front of your eyes, then you need to factory reset it immediately. This will clear any issues, or apps which are causing the problem, and allow you to re-install your apps one-by-one to pinpoint the problem.

If you know of an app that was recently installed when this started happening you can try uninstalling that app. My suggestion, factory reset (after backing up data) and go from there.

There should be no reason for the automatic phone dials unless the phone is in someones pocket, or other confined space, and dialing as a result.

bandit16

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for responding,however I no this situation sounds crazy but we have tried factory resetting phone 4x and we have same issues also wife is locked out of her sim card and her system files have dissapeared its almost like there is a hacker in phone.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with srkmagnus here, a factory default is probably in order... It sounds like you either have have a virus (more accurately malware) or just a poorly written app, irregardless it has permissions to change dialed numbers and thus the ability to dial numbers, so I would default immediately.