Can't "enable" FB app on my rezound.

tedbeari

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I disabled the app, didn't want it, several months ago. Now I want to enable it but each time (no matter HOW I get to it) as soon as I click the "enable" button, Google Play closes. I've rebooted the phone etc... I app was disabled before the last software update on the phone, maybe this is affecting it? Any hints? Any way to actually "remove" the app from the "my apps" list? (I haven't found any way to do that yet). Then I can try to reinstall it... ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, and try to re-enable Facebook from there? I know that you said "no matter how I get to it," but Google Play wouldn't be open anyway if you tried to re-enable Facebook from Settings/Apps.

tedbeari

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ahh. Perhaps that is the problem. You're right, Play would not be open from there, but it's not listed there! I checked each tab (just cuz). I don't think it's worth doing a factory reset to "get it back" & that's prob the only option, eh? (I've always had something go wrong on a full reset.)

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

tedbeari

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there a decent alternative to access fb? I didn't like that the fb app altered your contacts no matter what your selection was in its' settings. That's why I disabled it orig.

Pls tell me everyone is as confused as I am! :eek:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings-Apps-All and scroll all the way to the bottom, disabled apps are not in alphabetical order with all apps, they are in their own section at the very bottom of the list.

As far as alternatives to the Facebook app, there are quite a few actually... Atrium, Friendcaster, Stream, and Fast for Facebook are some of the more common ones, although many people prefer to just install a decent browser and access it via the web. If you just Google "alternative facebook app android" you will find lots of people have lists of alternatives.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with acejavelin--make sure you scroll all the way down when you're looking at the All Apps list under Settings/Manage Apps. You should find your disabled Facebook app listed at the bottom, and if you select it, you will get the option to re-enable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress