Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade time

I have one available so was wondering what can top my rezound which I am perfectly happy with at this time.

Thanks

Dave: Sent from my Nexus 7
    Peace
    Leozdad

Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

Rezounding Vigor Rocks!

Default Re: Upgrade time

What is it that you are looking for in a mobile phone?

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    I have one available so was wondering what can top my rezound which I am perfectly happy with at this time.

Thanks

Dave: Sent from my Nexus 7
    That is kind of like saying, I have a 2 year old BWM, can I get something better? Sure you can, depends on what you want it out of it.

Samsungs Galaxy S3, S4, and Note II, HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Razr Maxx HD, and several others all have at least something that is better.

I always tell people the best bet is to do your due diligence online to narrow down to 2-3 specific models, then go into the store and look at them for yourself, and don't let the salesperson sway too much... Spend some time doing it, don't expect to make your decision after looking at each one for 5 minutes. You will likely be stuck with it for the next two years, make sure it's what you want.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Just ordered a Galaxy S4 today, after 3 straight htc phones. Just got sick of htc and Verizon not caring enough to give timely updates and support, plus the state of htc as a company makes me nervous. The One looked promising, but a 4 mp camera (regardless of if it takes better pix in dark settings) is a step backwards in my opinion as I use my phone camera a lot. Also liked the larger screen on the S4 and the bigger battery.

Hopefully htc can get their stuff together in the future...

Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    That is kind of like saying, I have a 2 year old BWM, can I get something better? Sure you can, depends on what you want it out of it.

Samsungs Galaxy S3, S4, and Note II, HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Razr Maxx HD, and several others all have at least something that is better.

I always tell people the best bet is to do your due diligence online to narrow down to 2-3 specific models, then go into the store and look at them for yourself, and don't let the salesperson sway too much... Spend some time doing it, don't expect to make your decision after looking at each one for 5 minutes. You will likely be stuck with it for the next two years, make sure it's what you want.
    All the phones toy listed would be faster, have better battery life, and lighter, well except for the note 2 which weighs about the same.

There are downsides. The s3 and Note II are a bit hard to see in direct sunlight, not a problem with the rezound. The Note II doesn't have svdo. The screen on the rezound is better than the s3,imo. The dna does not have micro SD or removable battery. The maxx hd didn't have a removable battery, though it is large. The screen is about the same size as the rezound, once you take away the on screen buttons.

If you can wait, the one will come to Verizon add well as the moto x phone

Question is, what do you need? What are your priorities?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Just coming up to mine at the end of this month. My Rezound is still running great after almost 2 years...especially the camera. So nice to be able to grab those important moments with your camera/phone right there. I'm torn between the Nokia 928 (Windows 8 phone looks nice and so does the camera), HTC One (when it arrives at VZW) or Moto-x ( Motorola hopefully will make a really good phone as I used there i580 way back in 2006 for about 5 years with no issues even though it was a cellphone with good guts) In the meantime, the Rez is keeping me happy.

I keep seeing people saying that Big Red is getting an HTC One in posts, but on the web all I'm seeing HTC One-ish is a rumored Phablet and possibly a Mini. Neither really grab me, although if pressed to choose I'd say the larger over the smaller. The DNA dose look nice, but it's last year and right after I get it something incredible will come down the line. Of course the reverse is true also, the longer I wait the longer I'll wait. There aren't even any good rumors. I see everyone checking some Optimus G2, but that seems to be all for battery life, not specs or style from what I can see. And I don't see myself with a Moto or Sammy or anything that runs Windows. Verizon doesn't seem to be offering any strong equipment this year, at least not in Q1, Q2, or Q3.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

I went a little different route, I don't see a phone I would really like at the moment so I unlocked and installed Infection 2.8.1 (JellyBean 4.2.2, CyanogenMod based ROM), it is like having a new phone and was much easier than I remember it being. Although I am up for an upgrade, this should get me by until something that I really like comes along.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

I went a little different route, I don't see a phone I would really like at the moment so I unlocked and installed Infection 2.8.1 (JellyBean 4.2.2, CyanogenMod based ROM), it is like having a new phone and was much easier than I remember it being. Although I am up for an upgrade, this should get me by until something that I really like comes along.
    Is there somewhere a step-by-step instructions on how to do that? I have a holy fear of messing something up and making my phone unusable.

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by Senechka View Post
    Is there somewhere a step-by-step instructions on how to do that? I have a holy fear of messing something up and making my phone unusable.
    Honestly, for the Rezound and using custom ROMs/rooting/unlocking or related stuff, I would jump over to XDA's Rezound forums and read the stickies. If you do your research and are careful it is almost impossible to brick this phone if you are S-ON (if you don't know what I am talking about, you are S-ON).

There are now totally stable JB 4.2 ROMs out there, I recommend Infection 2.9.1, but JellyBean 4.3 ROMs are almost done, in final beta stages I guess you would call it. The developer community is very strong with this device.

Also, my contract expired early August, so I have jumped off the Big Red ship, and now only have a Verizon work phone (also a Rezound), but my personal phone is now a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Net10. I just can't justify giving VZW $90+ per month for one phone with limited data (I was on the 4GB for the price of 2 plan), Net10 gives me everything I need at half the price.

I decided to pass on the Verizon One. I've never liked the touch wiz skin on Samsung and felt burned by HTC's lack of updates for the Rezound. My Moto X should be here on Wensday.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Honestly, for the Rezound and using custom ROMs/rooting/unlocking or related stuff, I would jump over to XDA's Rezound forums and read the stickies. If you do your research and are careful it is almost impossible to brick this phone if you are S-ON (if you don't know what I am talking about, you are S-ON).

There are now totally stable JB 4.2 ROMs out there, I recommend Infection 2.9.1, but JellyBean 4.3 ROMs are almost done, in final beta stages I guess you would call it. The developer community is very strong with this device.

Also, my contract expired early August, so I have jumped off the Big Red ship, and now only have a Verizon work phone (also a Rezound), but my personal phone is now a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Net10. I just can't justify giving VZW $90+ per month for one phone with limited data (I was on the 4GB for the price of 2 plan), Net10 gives me everything I need at half the price.
    It may sound silly, but my biggest concern with this is to do something to cause my MPE (a scheduler that I use in the field and then sync w/ MS Outlook) cease to work. It would be a disaster. But my Rezound is limping these days.