Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NoNexus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Default Google .... WHY??

Dear Google,

Thank you very much for dumping Latitude.

I so-appreciate the service you provide to your loyal customers. Bing and a Windows phone are looking better by the day.

Janet
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Google .... WHY??

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Dear Google,

I so-appreciate the service you provide to your loyal customers. Bing and a Windows phone are looking better by the day.

Janet
    You honestly think a Windows Phone will be better than an Android? Have fun with the mess and sloppy look that is the UI. Everything is everywhere, there's no breathing room. And it all just looks so ugly, honestly. :/
    Current Devices: Surface RT Tablet (Windows 8 RT), HTC 8X (Windows Phone 8), Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8), HTC One (Android 4.3), iPhone 4 (iOS 7)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    You honestly think a Windows Phone will be better than an Android? Have fun with the mess and sloppy look that is the UI. Everything is everywhere, there's no breathing room. And it all just looks so ugly, honestly. :/
    Yeah, I seriously do not want a Windows phone. I am just ticked off. I have been reading that locations in google+ will work like latitude, but even while waiting for returned invitations to share locations, the map is street with no option for satellite ... at least from what I have seen so far.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Dear Google,

Janet
    Do you actually use Latitude, other than just for the novelty of it? Is so, there is a "substitute" component being added to Google+ soon to replace it.

This is no different than a host of other Google products, like iGoogle (which I LOVED, and will miss dearly come November), Talk, Reader, Health, Knol, Picnik, Buzz, Aardvark, Sidewiki, Notebook, Dictionary, Labs, Wave, Searchwiki, Dodgeball, Jaiku, Lively, Answers, Page Creator, Zeitgeist, etc., etc., etc.

At least they try stuff, way more than the stagnant behemoths like Microsoft, some of it fails, and some of it works. Microsoft has had some decent services with potential that dies, look at Docs.com, the Surface tablet, Mediaroom, Kin Studio, or Courier.

I would rather stick with Google, at least their solutions are mostly open standards and developer friendly.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Do you actually use Latitude, other than just for the novelty of it? Is so, there is a "substitute" component being added to Google+ soon to replace it.

This is no different than a host of other Google products, like iGoogle (which I LOVED, and will miss dearly come November), Talk, Reader, Health, Knol, Picnik, Buzz, Aardvark, Sidewiki, Notebook, Dictionary, Labs, Wave, Searchwiki, Dodgeball, Jaiku, Lively, Answers, Page Creator, Zeitgeist, etc., etc., etc.

At least they try stuff, way more than the stagnant behemoths like Microsoft, some of it fails, and some of it works. Microsoft has had some decent services with potential that dies, look at Docs.com, the Surface tablet, Mediaroom, Kin Studio, or Courier.

I would rather stick with Google, at least their solutions are mostly open standards and developer friendly.

My family actually does use Latitude all the time. We are a combo of Android and iPhone and Latitude worked GREAT for all of us. I do know there is a function right now that can be used in Google+ that is similar Latitude, called locator but that locator button is not yet available in the iPhone app, the location on the map is not nearly as detailed as Latitude and a satellite view is not available. Right now it is very disappointing.
    ~Janet~

This is an interesting read from one of the Googlers that works on latitude:

https://plus.google.com/+jlapenna/posts/deBP7kj7rMi
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

yeah go with the Nokia, F google

//I say this knowing that there is no way your going there
    skatergirl likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

That explains all the changes; they have to find more ways to try and force people to use their worthless social network.