Google .... WHY??

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Dear Google,

Thank you very much for dumping Latitude.

I so-appreciate the service you provide to your loyal customers. Bing and a Windows phone are looking better by the day.

Janet

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Dear Google,

I so-appreciate the service you provide to your loyal customers. Bing and a Windows phone are looking better by the day.

Janet

You honestly think a Windows Phone will be better than an Android? Have fun with the mess and sloppy look that is the UI. Everything is everywhere, there's no breathing room. And it all just looks so ugly, honestly. :/

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You honestly think a Windows Phone will be better than an Android? Have fun with the mess and sloppy look that is the UI. Everything is everywhere, there's no breathing room. And it all just looks so ugly, honestly. :/

Yeah, I seriously do not want a Windows phone. I am just ticked off. I have been reading that locations in google+ will work like latitude, but even while waiting for returned invitations to share locations, the map is street with no option for satellite ... at least from what I have seen so far.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Dear Google,

Janet
Do you actually use Latitude, other than just for the novelty of it? Is so, there is a "substitute" component being added to Google+ soon to replace it.

This is no different than a host of other Google products, like iGoogle (which I LOVED, and will miss dearly come November), Talk, Reader, Health, Knol, Picnik, Buzz, Aardvark, Sidewiki, Notebook, Dictionary, Labs, Wave, Searchwiki, Dodgeball, Jaiku, Lively, Answers, Page Creator, Zeitgeist, etc., etc., etc.

At least they try stuff, way more than the stagnant behemoths like Microsoft, some of it fails, and some of it works. Microsoft has had some decent services with potential that dies, look at Docs.com, the Surface tablet, Mediaroom, Kin Studio, or Courier.

I would rather stick with Google, at least their solutions are mostly open standards and developer friendly.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you actually use Latitude, other than just for the novelty of it? Is so, there is a "substitute" component being added to Google+ soon to replace it.

This is no different than a host of other Google products, like iGoogle (which I LOVED, and will miss dearly come November), Talk, Reader, Health, Knol, Picnik, Buzz, Aardvark, Sidewiki, Notebook, Dictionary, Labs, Wave, Searchwiki, Dodgeball, Jaiku, Lively, Answers, Page Creator, Zeitgeist, etc., etc., etc.

At least they try stuff, way more than the stagnant behemoths like Microsoft, some of it fails, and some of it works. Microsoft has had some decent services with potential that dies, look at Docs.com, the Surface tablet, Mediaroom, Kin Studio, or Courier.

I would rather stick with Google, at least their solutions are mostly open standards and developer friendly.

My family actually does use Latitude all the time. We are a combo of Android and iPhone and Latitude worked GREAT for all of us. I do know there is a function right now that can be used in Google+ that is similar Latitude, called locator but that locator button is not yet available in the iPhone app, the location on the map is not nearly as detailed as Latitude and a satellite view is not available. Right now it is very disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke