Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tiberius72
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Long delay trying to make calls

Last 6 weeks or so, I have been experiencing a long delay between trying to make a call and when it actually goes through. You can push all the buttons to make a call (callback from visual voicemail, call from recent calls list, click someone in the contacts list, type in the phone number - doesn't matter how you do it, result is the same), but it will take from 10 seconds to a few minutes before actually placing the call. The phone appears to be functional during that time - you can click around and fire up apps - but it just won't dial. I have noticed:

1. Not a problem if the dialer you use is a bluetooth interface (from a car) as opposed to the on-screen interface.
    2. Often can be cured by flipping in and out of airplane mode.

There are a few other threads on this in the "HTC Rezound" forum, but that forum seems to get a lot less traffic than this "Verizon HTC Rezound" forum. Just a few people reporting problems so far, nothing conclusive.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ne-issues.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...king-call.html

Anyone know what is going on here?

Default Re: Long delay trying to make calls

I had that issue for several months. Hate to say it, but I solved it by moving to the GS4... smooth experience, and the battery is much better.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

I have the same problem. It occurs when I also reboot after battery change. Once my first call goes through the rest are fine. I am thinking it is time for a reset...
    acejavelin likes this.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius72 View Post
    I have the same problem. It occurs when I also reboot after battery change. Once my first call goes through the rest are fine. I am thinking it is time for a reset...
    I think you are on the right track!
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Same here. Doing a battery pull does the trick, at least for awhile.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

By "reset" I was agreeing to a Factory Default Reset, not just a reboot. Sounds like things need to be cleaned out.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I had a similar issue, but not identical. Whenever making outbound calls I would get a black screen with the spinning progress circle for about 15 seconds. I cleared the cache partition which did not seem to help. Then I started uninstalling recent apps. After uninstalling Hulu+, Aereo and Call Control it started working fine. My guess is that it was the app "Call Control", but it could have been the others or some weird combination of the three.

Not sure if all of that is relevant but maybe someone will find it useful.

Good luck!