1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Rezound: How can I fix my phone

To put it nice and short, my phone registers touches or registers extra touches.
    To sum it up:
    When I slide my finger across the screen, one of two things happen: It registers a second touch or It registers a touch along with the sliding touch( like when pressing or tapping)
    When I want to restart my phone, as I press on the restart, it registers around my touch rather than where my finger is touching preventing a restart unless in landscape mode
    When I press on the back of the phone (pressure) it registers a touch
    When I press on the power button it also registers a touch.

With all these problems I am ready to just chuck my phone out a window or throw it at the wall, but since I am about a month away from the 2 year contract being over, I really can't take this anymore. Any suggestions? I have tried the following: cleaning the screen, restarting it, taking the battery out(when the power is off).

I have posted a thread like this but only solution worked for about a day.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-16-2014 at 12:40 PM.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: How can I fix my phone

I have to agree with vdc530... this sounds like a hardware issue and not something you will be able to fix easily yourself, and certainly not a software issue, but you did try a factory reset just to be sure though, right?
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (Stock KitKat/rooted)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    this sounds like a hardware issue and not something you will be able to fix easily yourself, and certainly not a software issue, but you did try a factory reset just to be sure though, right?
    That I would be my last resort as it wipes everything (except whats on sd card) so i don't want to do that unless there is no other

Edit: tried the factory reset but soon after it started up again

I had the same issue too. At first I thought there was an issue with my screen guard, so I took that off and no luck. I then did a factory reset (twice) and had same issue. I ended up noticing some buttons /items weren't registering, so I downloaded a screen touch test app and found a section of the screen that wasn't registering touch. If you still have that phone try doing a touch screen test app and see if you have any dead spots on your screen.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by SkullHockey3 View Post
    I had the same issue too. At first I thought there was an issue with my screen guard, so I took that off and no luck. I then did a factory reset (twice) and had same issue. I ended up noticing some buttons /items weren't registering, so I downloaded a screen touch test app and found a section of the screen that wasn't registering touch. If you still have that phone try doing a touch screen test app and see if you have any dead spots on your screen.
    Already installed it and showed basically the problems already stated

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by android jack View Post
    Already installed it and showed basically the problems already stated

I've seen something like this on a tablet before. I believe you can also go into Settings - Developer Options to enable a "Show Touch Input" option to see when and where the screen is detecting a touch.

Unfortunately, with you already attempting a full wipe and all the other things you mentioned, it is most likely a hardware issue, as said earlier...
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well that's unfortunate and already turned on that setting which is why I noticed these errors