Straighttalk

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock, locked rezound with the latest update from Verizon. I want to use this phone on straight talk since it has various networks capabilities, gsm,CDMA. Can someone tell me what's needs done to make it work on straighttalk?

Dave: Sent from my Nexus 7

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The process is very different depending on how you want to use Straight Talk... Assuming you are on the latest version of firmware, just get an AT&T-based ST SIM, put in GSM mode, and set APN and your good to go, although with Edge data only... No mods to phone required.

To go Verizon CDMA on ST, that's a different story entirely...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I don't need to unlock my phone?

Your phone is already carrier unlocked... when people talk about the Rezound (and most HTC's) when they say "unlocked" they mean the bootloader, which is different than a carrier lock, which is what most GSM carriers have, an unlocked bootloader allows for fastboot commands to work, thus enabling rooting, roming, etc.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
When I reboot my phone the top of the screen in pink says "locked". What does that mean?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that just the lock screen? That's where you'd have to type in a pin to get to your home screen.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using AC Forums mobile app

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
No, when I pull the battery, reinsert then hold power and volume down when the menu comes up , at the top of screen it says in pink "locked" at the very top. So is the whole thing locked or is that just for the boot loader that's locked

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No, when I pull the battery, reinsert then hold power and volume down when the menu comes up , at the top of screen it says in pink "locked" at the very top. So is the whole thing locked or is that just for the boot loader that's locked

Boot loader, I'd think.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I reboot my phone the top of the screen in pink says "locked". What does that mean?

That means the bootloader is locked... in order to root, ROM, flash via fastboot, etc. the bootloader would need to be unlocked.

The Rezound is not, and never has been, carrier locked to a GSM carrier, or any carrier for that matter.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams