Moving on (sort of)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I think most of us stop by here only once in a while, and I will continue to do so. But, I couldn't pass up on an off-contract, customized Moto X (32 GB) for only $400.

Fully updated with Kit Kat, too!

Keeping the Rezound as the primary backup phone.

Please call out ... what's your current device?
my moto x.png

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm also moving from the Rezound to the Moto X. My Cyber Monday special is waiting for me to get home from work and unbox it! My wife also got a Moto X and is switching over from an iPhone. It's a proud day for me. :D

Here's my design.
MotoX.png

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm also moving from the Rezound to the Moto X. My Cyber Monday special is waiting for me to get home from work and unbox it! My wife also got a Moto X and is switching over from an iPhone. It's a proud day for me. :D

Here's my design.
View attachment 96000

Glad to hear it & nice design. My package was supposed to be here Friday, but it's still stuck at the airport in Dallas-Forth Worth. Was yours held at the airport on Friday, too?

I'm curious because I am the only person I've talked to, in the same situation, that is not receiving the package today. :confused:

Last edited:

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I moved on to a GS4 back in September. I still have the Rezound, but haven't touched it...

The S4 is so smooth, and the battery lasts all day! I really liked HTC, but their track record for updates was abysmal. That was the best phone available when released, but it never got any love from HTC or VZW.

before that I had the fascinate, but it never got updates either. I think since the GS2, Samsung has done a good job of updating older phones at least to last the life of a contract, so that was a big factor in my return to Sammy.

Sent from my SCH-i545

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I moved on to a GS4 back in September. I still have the Rezound, but haven't touched it...

The S4 is so smooth, and the battery lasts all day! I really liked HTC, but their track record for updates was abysmal. That was the best phone available when released, but it never got any love from HTC or VZW.

before that I had the fascinate, but it never got updates either. I think since the GS2, Samsung has done a good job of updating older phones at least to last the life of a contract, so that was a big factor in my return to Sammy.

Sent from my SCH-i545

I have sworn off HTC.

Glad you like your device!

I just got my Moto X today, and I prefer the fact that it is very close to stock Android over skinned Android; very little bloat. I just think Samsung is going way too far. I believe the idea out there that Samsung will eventually fork Android. I want absolutely NO part of that! I may regret giving up the replaceable battery, though. So glad reviews have shown this phone can actually get 24+ hours on a charge.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it & nice design. My package was supposed to be here Friday, but it's still stuck at the airport in Dallas-Forth Worth. Was yours helded at the airport on Friday, too?

I'm curious because I am the only person I've talked to, in the same situation, that is not receiving the package today. :confused:

Mine got stuck in DFW on Friday but was able to make it out on Sunday and was delivered to me in Kansas City on Monday.

Glad you got yours today!

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Moto X today, and I prefer the fact that it is very close to stock Android over skinned Android; very little bloat. I just think Samsung is going way too far. I believe the idea out there that Samsung will eventually fork Android. I want absolutely NO part of that! I may regret giving up the replaceable battery, though. So glad reviews have shown this phone can actually get 24+ hours on a charge.

I'm with you on preferring stock Android, although I do like some of the eye candy that HTC has - not blink feed, that's way too much. And I won't miss waiting forever for updates or having to sideload leaked firmware.

I'm really enjoying the Moto X in the short time that I've had it so far. The active display really is great, probably my favorite feature so far.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
! I really liked HTC, but their track record for updates was abysmal. That was the best phone available when released, but it never got any love from HTC or VZW.

Sent from my SCH-i545

I agree! The Rezound was a beast but the battery life kept me pounding the table to tell everyone to get one! But I did enjoy it. As much as we like getting updates, it seemed things would go down hill after an update with my Incredible & Rezound and that lack of support from HTC afterward made things worse.

Sent from my Moto X