1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dying Rezound

Had my Rezound for a bit over two years and not looks like it's on it's last legs. Lately, not only it has been taking forever for calls to be dialed and webpages appear, but a dozen times a day the phone freezes and "Loading ... " appears on the screen. It's almost as if it has exceeded it's useful life. I used to love this phone, but now using it more and more becoming a chore.

Do the others have similar issues?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: Dying Rezound

This is common with prolonged usage... Have you tried clearing the cache partition or doing a factory default?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll charge it up and try clearing the cache. (I've used an app for that a few times.) Thanks for the detailed instructions.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    I'll charge it up and try clearing the cache. (I've used an app for that a few times.) Thanks for the detailed instructions.
    That probably only clears app's data cache... You should try clearing the cache partition via Recovery (stock or custom will work). If you still have issues after that I would recommend doing a factory reset.

Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    That probably only clears app's data cache... You should try clearing the cache partition via Recovery (stock or custom will work). If you still have issues after that I would recommend doing a factory reset.

I would do that. If you have extended warranty, then they can troubleshoot and replace it free for you

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I should have thought about it months ago, not when I'm going to upgrade that line in three days and my Rezound becoming a paperweight. OTOH, I wouldn't have been able to be without it for whatever time they'd needed it for troubleshooting. I'm daily dependent on my phone for my work schedule.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    I should have thought about it months ago, not when I'm going to upgrade that line in three days and my Rezound becoming a paperweight. OTOH, I wouldn't have been able to be without it for whatever time they'd needed it for troubleshooting. I'm daily dependent on my phone for my work schedule.
    Clearing the cache is not destructive of any information and has almost no chance of any negative effects in any way, other than the time it takes for the cache to be rebuilt... the procedure takes only a minute or two, and the rebuild will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the number of apps you have installed.

Or you can just wait for a new phone... your call.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Clearing the cache is not destructive of any information and has almost no chance of any negative effects in any way, other than the time it takes for the cache to be rebuilt... the procedure takes only a minute or two, and the rebuild will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the number of apps you have installed.

Or you can just wait for a new phone... your call.
    I did clear the cache as you recommended. Unfortunately, it helped only for about 48 hours. This morning, I was back to "Loading...."