Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Rezound: Internal Storage after ROM Flash

I upgraded my rezound from stock ICS to CyanogenMod 10.2 (S-ON). I unlocked, rooted, and installed ClockworkMod Touch in order to flash the new rom. Ran into some issues along the way but got the ROM working for the most part.

At first, I was getting no indication of external or internal storage drives. At that time, I was able to view, change, files on the external card via Windows7 but I had no access at all to the 16gig internal drive. I removed and re-inserted the external card and after the reboot I was then able to get the phone to recognize the external drive.

Current problem is with the internal drive. I have no access to it at all which means some applications I try to install from the external aren't working (so far this means Swiftkey). No indication of the internal comes up on the computer and on the phone it just says that there is an internal but I can't interact with it. I'm not sure if I should install any more applications because I really don't know where these are being stored right now and I don't wan't to use up the 2 gigs or so the phone says I currently have left. I haven't been able to find any other help topical to this specific issue and I hope someone can help.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-01-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Internal Storage after ROM Flash

Have you tried removing your SD card then booting into CWM and partitioning and formatting the sd card (internal)?

If that doesn't work you will probably have to S-Off with rumrunner and RUU to get it back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So on the advice above I went to CWM-T and tried format /sdcard. It comes up..
    Formatting /sdcard...
    Error mounting /sdcard!
    Skipping format...
    Done

Mount just fails. Error mounting /sdcard

I feel like I'm missing something easy and I can't put my finger on it.

Going back to stock is not an option...well it is but I'm too close to give up on this now. Once this issue is resolved I'm home free.

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Did you go the CWM's advanced menu and try PARTITIONING the sd card (SD Card is the internal storage, external SD is the microSD card)?
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried partitioning. Selected about 1 gig with a 32 swap file. CWM indicated that the operation was successful. No change in the rebooted phone. Still does not show as a drive via USB connection on my PC either.

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeops View Post
    I tried partitioning. Selected about 1 gig with a 32 swap file. CWM indicated that the operation was successful. No change in the rebooted phone. Still does not show as a drive via USB connection on my PC either.
    Honestly, at this point I would S-Off and run a full, exe RUU, it is pretty easy thanks to Rumrunner S-Off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk