New OTA on Verizon Support

tcdroider9999

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is anywhere else on the Forum, but just checked Verizon Device Support and the new OTA 2.11.605.5 is now called out. Must only be days before official release now.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just read the update PDF. Great, Im looking forward to a whole new set of problems to complain about after the next fix to fix the fix that fixed the fix that shouldnt have needed to be fixed! Maybe my email notifications will work again afterwards.

Reactions: eestubbs104

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have been running this build since it was leaked and it is a BIG improvement over the previous OTA. Glaring problems with the last short lived OTA have actually been fixed and this build is running well.

Reactions: Ezduzit

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this OTA before it was recalled, and it has remained on my phone. Will the new OTA replace, or do I have to uninstall?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this OTA before it was recalled, and it has remained on my phone. Will the new OTA replace, or do I have to uninstall?

They never pulled it off people's phones, that's really not possible. When people say Verizon pulled it, they mean that they stopped sending it to anyone who hadn't already received it. You will get the new one just like you got the last one.

Reactions: qbngator

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just read the update PDF. Great, Im looking forward to a whole new set of problems to complain about after the next fix to fix the fix that fixed the fix that shouldnt have needed to be fixed! Maybe my email notifications will work again afterwards.

I managed to get the OTA Gingerbread update the first time around and it helped a TON. I honestly cannot recall any problems, aside from the voice mail glitch, that I have personally had. Battery life has almost doubled for me at times depending on how much use through the day.

Hopefully this is just the slightly tweaked version of that and everything will still be smooth sailing. So don't freak out just yet. Haha.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running the first GB OTA, and it's been very stable. I don't care about the voicemail glitch as I use Google voice. I was disappointed at the lack of front facing camera support in Google talk, which is one of the reasons I left ATT for this phone. But the release was pretty solid to me.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The pdf has a list. The primary thing from the original gingerbread release is voicemail notifications. The primary thing from froyo is the sms sent to wrong person fix.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The first upgrade made my phone sleaker - but then I wasn't having any problems like other folks. I do not get many phone calls actually so no VM icon issues either.

But I hope that everyone elses phones get better on this new roll out!

Graniteman50

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone want to venture a guess about this item on he .PDF
+ Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
Could that be the HTC security fix?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone want to venture a guess about this item on he .PDF
+ Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
Could that be the HTC security fix?

Yup, that's what it has to be. Could be a few other security fixes as well, but I'd say it's primarily the HTC logger vulnerability issue.

psheppard001

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I just check my phone and I got the update this morning at 6:30 didn't even know. I had the first OTA update. Anyone else get it this morning.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Still on 605.3 here. No update available. But they roll out in waves, so it is possible they started early this morning.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to see if it was available via "check for software update" in NY and so far not available. I am on 605.3 here still.

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I know this means nothing, but just stopped into the Verizon Wireless store in Philly at lunch to ask the techs if they had any "official" notification from the Verizon mothership when the OTA would be going out. They looked in their service bulletin (or whatever they call it) and it said the GB OTA would be going out today (11/25).

Daughter just checked for updates 5 minutes ago and still nothing available.

Stay tuned.