The new Ice Cream

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I read that the original HTC Evo and its 3D counterpart are getting the Ice Cream update. There is a list of phones getting it. So...why not the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Original EVO is not getting it....

HTC: Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to eight phones in 2012 - latimes.com

The Taiwanese smartphone and tablet maker said the new Android OS (the first that Google has designed for both smartphones and tablets) will arrive on eight devices in 2012: the Vivid, Sensation, Sensation XL, Sensation XE, Evo 3D, Evo Design 4G, Amaze 4G and the Rezound.

The Thunderbolt is "Old"... It happens.

Pretty soon we will all move on to new phones. I never expected ICS to make it on to the TB and I don't think many others did either. Normal Life cycle of an Android phone nowadays.

If you really want ICS on your TB, ROOT and have fun, I suspect that there will be many awesome ICS ROM in a couple of months.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Jeez those of us who are not rooted just got GB why rush to get another? I think I predicted this would happen. Said the guy who promptly went and rooted

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I read that the original HTC Evo and its 3D counterpart are getting the Ice Cream update. There is a list of phones getting it. So...why not the Thunderbolt?

Look how long it took for gingerbread. The folks at HTC and Verizon need to take a vacation after all the hard work they put into getting GB right..... Hahahahahaha.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty this phone is not outdated. They're still selling and they're still expensive on contact. Until the 4g market is flooded this phone will still be pertinent.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty this phone is not outdated. They're still selling and they're still expensive on contact. Until the 4g market is flooded this phone will still be pertinent.

No thunderbolt or Droid charge at my local corporate VZW store. Thunderbolt almost always on sale online. If ics does come officially, it will be a long way off. here's to hoping that adrynalyne will continue to develop for the thunderbolt after he gets his galaxy nexus.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anything less than Dual Core is not getting upgraded. Look at all the phones they announced, pretty sure they are all Dual Core.

These companies want to keep you moving forward (buying new phones as often as possible = more $$$ for them). That is why they only keep the software updated for about ~1 year (Sometimes less).

HTC wants all of us to move on to new fancy dual core phones eventually, so they will not support any of the older phones with software updates purposely.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Anything less than Dual Core is not getting upgraded. Look at all the phones they announced, pretty sure they are all Dual Core.

These companies want to keep you moving forward (buying new phones as often as possible = more $$$ for them). That is why they only keep the software updated for about ~1 year (Sometimes less).

HTC wants all of us to move on to new fancy dual core phones eventually, so they will not support any of the older phones with software updates purposely.
Well that sucks cause I plan in keeping this phone for another year and half

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
What specific ICS features will you miss the most over the next 1-1/2 years?

-Frank

I am just interested in the new look as a whole. It's very slick and it takes much more than a skin to make it look that way. I love the new lock screen and being able to totally disable unwanted apps. I really do hope that ICS does make it to the Thunderbolt. I'm not too big on rooting but I may just do it for ICS.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That is classless and so wrong. You are committing theft. If you owned your own business and someone was pulling a fast one on you I don't think you would like it. But only you see yourself in the mirror everyday.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Wrong wrong wrong the evo design 4G is single core clocked at 1.2 and this is why I say my evo and your tbolt will be able to run ics. Just fine.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am just interested in the new look as a whole. It's very slick and it takes much more than a skin to make it look that way. I love the new lock screen and being able to totally disable unwanted apps. I really do hope that ICS does make it to the Thunderbolt. I'm not too big on rooting but I may just do it for ICS.

I hope we get ICS too but bloatware makers pay $ to have their stuff unremovable on our phones. I doubt vzw will breach those contracts by making it ez for us.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the big deal of ICS as it will have Sense over it anyway. Me thinks too many get caught up in the gotta have the next big thing mindset. Relax. There are more important things in life! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs