HTC Sense Weather Clock Widget

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using a standard Thunderbolt ROM with the Go Launcher EX.

Is there a way I can use the HTC Sense Stock Weather\clock Widgert with the Go Launcher? It does not show up as a widget when I am using the Go Launcher (I can see it when I switch back to the stock launcher).

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using a standard Thunderbolt ROM with the Go Launcher EX.

Is there a way I can use the HTC Sense Stock Weather\clock Widgert with the Go Launcher? It does not show up as a widget when I am using the Go Launcher (I can see it when I switch back to the stock launcher).

no u cant use any htc widgets, but theres other apps that have similar ones like fancy widget

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the fancy widget over the stock. All the different skins available make it lots of fun too!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Jude526 - thanks I am trying Fancy Widget it looks like it has everything that the HTC widget has except the multiple locations. From doing a little research I guess I can get the multiple locations if I buy the paid version.

Does the free version "follow" me when I go into another area or does it stay in my preset location?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Jude526 - thanks I am trying Fancy Widget it looks like it has everything that the HTC widget has except the multiple locations. From doing a little research I guess I can get the multiple locations if I buy the paid version.

Does the free version "follow" me when I go into another area or does it stay in my preset location?

its in the settings of the app just make sure u enable it

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Under Location settings I have "accuweather:, Weather provider" the set location is greyed out and I have checked Geolocation and use GPS. Are these the proper settings? I do not see anything for "follow me"

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Jude526 - You just cost me $2.89 since I liked your suggestion:)

Since I have upgraded I wanted to know a little more about the weather alerts. I have checked "enable weather alerts" and below that is "Alert for all locations". If I do not check the latter do I only weather notifications for the current location I am in or do I get notifications for current plus home location or just what. Does the notification change depending on my weather supplier (I have selected Weatherbug but if you suggest someone else please let me know).

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Beweather also has some nice alternatives, and the weather app looks gorgeous. it is free right now from getjar. usually its $3 i think, but its free now. i have it, and i love it.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm still addicted to the old original Beautiful Widgets..

Beautiful%20Widgets.png

Last edited:

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The HTC flip clock is gorgeous but I don't like having google location services on. I set my location and honestly there's very little use in a widget updating what specific town I'm in. I open weatherbug and look at the radar if I really want to know what's coming.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Wildman, what OS are you running?....CM7, another ASOP? I like your homescreen?

Glad you like it, I am using Gingeritis3D but I have been modifying all the images to put together a theme and installed ADW EX because it is just so much smoother that the stock sense.. Its still a project in the works..

Blue%20Theme%202.gif

Rebuild...
Tron_Dec_07_2011_1.gif

same here, still using beautiful widgets, there are tons of weather and home skins you can choose from! here's what mine looks like:

Actually that the new one which is nice but I am still using the build that was pulled from the market before the updated release..

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It was free on getjar and has been free in Amazon. It follows from phone to phone but on the paid version there is a key to use

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It was free on getjar and has been free in Amazon. It follows from phone to phone but on the paid version there is a key to use

Are you speaking of Beautiful Widgets? I have the paid version and the free build but I haven't use the paid version for some while but I wanted to support the developer.. I really cant get into the fullscreen weather on the new version..

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Are you speaking of Beautiful Widgets? I have the paid version and the free build but I haven't use the paid version for some while but I wanted to support the developer.. I really cant get into the fullscreen weather on the new version..

did you download the animation pack for beautiful widgets? you need that for the fullscreen weather I believe.

and I missed beautiful widgets when they first took it down since HTC sent them a cease and desist letter since it looked too much like the htc clock

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
did you download the animation pack for beautiful widgets? you need that for the fullscreen weather I believe.

and I missed beautiful widgets when they first took it down since HTC sent them a cease and desist letter since it looked too much like the htc clock

Yes I installed the animated weather pack and I simply did not like the full screen animation on the new one.... That's why I made sure to backup all data required to keep the old one working since the server won't download the weather animation for the original one I am using..

I knew I would miss it also and this is why I made sure to back it and all required files up..