PRL version 15098

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Since the recent data network outage, my Thunderbolt cannot hold a stable data connection. It keeps dropping 4G outside. Now in my office I cannot even get any data connection (not even 1x), although I see 3-4 bars. After restarting it, I temporarily get 4G but lose any data connection. I just noticed that my Thunderbolt has PRL version 15098, which I didn't see before.

I don't know what to do. It used to work perfectly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since the recent data network outage, my Thunderbolt cannot hold a stable data connection. It keeps dropping 4G outside. Now in my office I cannot even get any data connection (not even 1x), although I see 3-4 bars. After restarting it, I temporarily get 4G but lose any data connection. I just noticed that my Thunderbolt has PRL version 15098, which I didn't see before.

I don't know what to do. It used to work perfectly.

Prl is priority roaming list. If you are not roaming, then the prl should not matter. You can try to pull the battery, remove the sim and wait for 5 minutes, then put everything back together.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was fixed but not... The problem seems to be once the phone goes to sleep it loses a data connection. And when it wakes up, it cannot restore a data connection in my office. It used to be fine.

I will check later if this happens outside as well.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was fixed but not... The problem seems to be once the phone goes to sleep it loses a data connection. And when it wakes up, it cannot restore a data connection in my office. It used to be fine.

Turn the phone off. Pull the battery. Pull the SIM (you can leave it in the little holder, just take it out of the slot). Wait 3 minutes. Put it all back together and retry.

This does two things... it "cleans" the contacts on the battery and the SIM card, and it forces the phone to reprovision itself upon startup.

See how that goes.

-Frank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you have mobile data always enabled? Also using the lte onoff app, you can try to set the phone to lte only or cdma auto prl. I have found that sometimes, the default cdma+ lte setting doesn't always bring data back.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been having problems with my data connection since yesterday, but I'm chalking it up to Verizon's Network issues. I know they tweeted that they had resolved the problems, but I don't believe they've resolved the problems everywhere yet. I'd give it a day or two and see if the problem fixes itself.

jmc2543

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with the same prl. I would restart my phone have to wait 5 min to get data at all, then when I did if I turned off the screen is lose it again. I ended up calling vz and they had to send me to advanced tech where she reset some stuff on my accnt and its working fine now. This was on xmas night.

marcogiudice79

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
hmm. ive been losing data when ever the phone would goto to sleep also.. i just thought they were doing that on purpose to stop wireless tethering, cuz its been like that for me for like 2 months now.. so i would just change the setting that when i plug in the phone to charge it stays on

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a few intermitant problems this morning but I've chalked it up to recent 4g issues, in my experience they linger a little for a day or so after Verizon claims everything is fixed, but by tonight everything is back to normal

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have mobile data always enabled? Also using the lte onoff app, you can try to set the phone to lte only or cdma auto prl. I have found that sometimes, the default cdma+ lte setting doesn't always bring data back.

It turned out that I have no problem outside and in my apartment, so I guess a cell tower near my office might have been acting weird. I will give it some time and see how it goes.

Yes, data is always on. I will try LTE only setting as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888