Sync w/Outlook via Companionlink/Deja Office

pwrash

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to successfully sync my Outlook calendar, contacts and notes via Companionlink and Deja Office? I do not want to use Google calendar. I try to manually sync by USB following the directions for HTC Thunderbolt 4G which says to set connection type for this particular phone at "charge only" to be able to sync. Then I plug in the USB, go to Deja Office and hit sync. Immediately the screen comes up telling me to close DejaOffice, connect a USB cable (which I already did) and "turn on USB storage" Where/how do I do that?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Companion link. It syncs my Outlook contacts, calendar and (sort of) tasks to Google. They are then synced over the air to my phone. No wires or thought involved, everything just stays in sync. But it does use Google in between.
Works fairly well for me.
As far as I know, Companionlink can not sync directly between Outlook and the phone.

Biac1982

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
For Outlook sync:) with the Thunderbolt, I'd suggest HTC Sync for contacts and calendar and SymTasks for task sync. These are reliable and work well. I initially started with Companion link (which supports Notes as well), but had nothing but headaches and data corruption.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
... Then I plug in the USB, go to Deja Office and hit sync. Immediately the screen comes up telling me to close DejaOffice, connect a USB cable (which I already did) and "turn on USB storage" Where/how do I do that?

It sounds like you have what's called "Manual Sync" enabled in DejaOffice (an option we use mainly for troubleshooting). Open DejaOffice, then go to Settings > Sync Settings and confirm Manual Sync isn't on. If it is, uncheck it. That should fix it! If it doesn't, let me know and we'll go from there.

- David

Reactions: pwrash

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to successfully sync my Outlook calendar, contacts and notes via Companionlink and Deja Office? I do not want to use Google calendar.

Yes it can be done. That's what I use. I don't use Google calendar either.

I try to manually sync by USB following the directions for HTC Thunderbolt 4G which says to set connection type for this particular phone at "charge only" to be able to sync.

When you plug your phone in to the computer with the USB cable, are you getting a pop up screen that lets you choose charge only or is that setting already saved?

Then I plug in the USB, go to Deja Office and hit sync
Hit sync on the computer or on the phone? From what I've found, you have to hit the sync button on the phone, not the computer.

Immediately the screen comes up telling me to close DejaOffice, connect a USB cable (which I already did) and "turn on USB storage" Where/how do I do that?

I've never seen that message. There's an option that sounds something like USB storage device in the options besides charge only or HTC sync. Have you tried that setting just to see what it does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87