Has anyone done this yet? "How to sync iTunes with Android"

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried it. I don't use iTunes myself (hate it!), but a family member does on a shared house PC (for an iPod and iPad). The iTunes media library is stored on our NAS (Network Attached Storage), so I just copy things I want out of it and paste them to the root of the phone's SD card (while connected via USB to PC), then use the phone's stock music player.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
just wondering if anyone has tried this out yet with their Thunderbolt? :confused:

How to sync iTunes with Android | How To - CNET

Been using Double Twist for over a year now. Love it.....very easy.

Crreate your playlists in iTunes....load up DoubleTwist...import the lists....hook your phone up.....put in DISK DRIVE mode....grab a beverage and wait

Can't be easier than that.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Crreate your playlists in iTunes....load up DoubleTwist...import the lists....hook your phone up.....put in DISK DRIVE mode....grab a beverage and wait

i'll have to do this during the weekend. thanks for the feedback! :) :cool:

ShanMan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Sure it can, try Double Twist air sync.... Its even easier.

Or, upload your iTunes library into Google music, thats pretty easy too

Asbj?rn

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

DoubleTwist doesn't import my playlists.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
just wondering if anyone has tried this out yet with their Thunderbolt? :confused:

How to sync iTunes with Android | How To - CNET

I tried DoubleTwist, I didn't like the PC side interface. I use iSyncr instead with the WiFi add-on. Works great on my Droid X. To get the playcounts and ratings to sync as well, you need to use Player Pro, which supports iSyncr natively, or use iSyncr's widget to control the built-in player. The developer also has a player that, naturally, syncs with iSyncr called Rocket Player. It needs one or two more features though before I'll switch to it.

Reactions: 808TBolt

sudhirkhanger

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried it. I don't use iTunes myself (hate it!), but a family member does on a shared house PC (for an iPod and iPad). The iTunes media library is stored on our NAS (Network Attached Storage), so I just copy things I want out of it and paste them to the root of the phone's SD card (while connected via USB to PC), then use the phone's stock music player.

You use iTunes on Windows or Mac and then transfer it to NAS. How do you do that? If i extract my iTunes playlist and load it up on Ubuntu in Banshee, nothing is imported.

budwizer

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I tried DoubleTwist, I didn't like the PC side interface. I use iSyncr instead with the WiFi add-on. Works great on my Droid X. To get the playcounts and ratings to sync as well, you need to use Player Pro, which supports iSyncr natively, or use iSyncr's widget to control the built-in player. The developer also has a player that, naturally, syncs with iSyncr called Rocket Player. It needs one or two more features though before I'll switch to it.

+1 on iSyncr. Tried DoubleTwist and it is definitely lacking in my opinion. I have quite a large iTunes music library with over 33k songs and DT just can't handle it at all. No problems with iSyncr and the WiFi add-on is great as well.

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

isnt google music, which syncs with your itunes wayyyyy easier????

phrozen087

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
+1 for iSyncr

I have been using it for over 2 years now and can easily say it is far above and away the best for several reasons.

1) It isn't tied to a specific computer. I can sync to iTunes on ANY pc.
2) Requires no software to be installed at all on your PC, the app lives on your phones memory card completely. Apologies to people who use DoubleTwist, but I honestly see it as a large piece of bloatware. iTunes unfortunately is the only piece of software that can handle my music without dragging to an unbearably slow crawl, and so try as I might, I think I am stuck with it until a more robust alternative appears (and yes I have tried everything several times). If I have to have iTunes installed, why would I want ANOTHER giant music manager app on my PC?
3) iSyncr runs on Mac and PC.
4) Has wifi and cord sync. Although, I will be the first to say that while I own the WiFi addon, I think I have used it all of maybe 2 times. I have so much music it is just much easier to hook up the usb cable for 2-3 minutes then let WiFi flounder around with slow transfers for an hour.

If you haven't checked it out and need to sync your phones music with windows, imo, iSyncr is definitely the best way to do it. I will point out a negative however, is that only really expect the main feature of syncing music to work. I use UberMusic as my player and while iSyncr says it tracks ratings/playcounts/etc it has never actually tracked any of that and doesn't sync it back to iTunes. This is a minor point for me though.

So if you are trying to ditch the whole apple scene but need to sync with iTunes still my recommendations are iSyncr for iTunes sync, UberMusic as the phone media player, and BeyondPod to replace the podcast feature of i-products. I've never looked back!

isnt google music, which syncs with your itunes wayyyyy easier????

While I do like google music I can think of a lot of reasons to disagree. I travel around a lot and pinning music can be annoying. Also I have too many songs to even fit in google music. Maybe if google offered a way to buy more space I would actually consider it, but at the point it is right now I would have like 70% of my library in the cloud and another random 30% that is too big to sync. Plus, despite what everyone says, Verizon is spotty at best where I live, and no one I know can hold a 3g connection with any reliability here.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
+1 for iSyncr

If you haven't checked it out and need to sync your phones music with windows, imo, iSyncr is definitely the best way to do it. I will point out a negative however, is that only really expect the main feature of syncing music to work. I use UberMusic as my player and while iSyncr says it tracks ratings/playcounts/etc it has never actually tracked any of that and doesn't sync it back to iTunes. This is a minor point for me though.
The docs for iSyncr state which players it supports ratings/playcount syncing with natively, and there is the iSyncer widget (called "Music Ratings") that can control other players to give the same features.
So if you are trying to ditch the whole apple scene but need to sync with iTunes still my recommendations are iSyncr for iTunes sync, UberMusic as the phone media player, and BeyondPod to replace the podcast feature of i-products. I've never looked back!
Why use another app for podcasts? iSyncr treats Podcasts from iTunes as another playlist, and you can select "Unplayed podcasts" as one of them, and just play them within your favorite media player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles