Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stearic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Buying a ThunderBolt, you should wait a bit

Droid-Life has an interesting article up tonight that will have the HTC ThunderBolt going for FREE. Yup if its true and would likely launch (my opinion) on the 7th, but if you buy a day or two early you can go right into the store and negotiate your money back.

Here is a copy of the flyer from Droid-Life.com
    Last edited by Raptor007; 07-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: Buying a ThunderBolt, you should wait a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Droid-Life has an interesting article up tonight that will have the HTC ThunderBolt going for FREE. Yup if its true and would likely launch (my opinion) on the 7th, but if you buy a day or two early you can go right into the store and negotiate your money back.

Here is a copy of the flyer.
    I am not sure how this would work, but wouldn't Verizon try and push your contract date to the 7th and force you to change plans? I couldn't imagine Verizon not doing that.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Not going to happen.

Im buying Tomorrow what ever phone i get. Ill spend 100$ to save 20+ monthly, And if you think they will release this before the 7th your crazy! It will probably be a promotional for the release with the plans
    Last edited by jlmassey; 07-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    kbb

Do not get a thunderbolt. Piece of ****. The worst phone with huge problems. Verizon knows but sells it anyway and denies any issues. Tech support sucks. Junk and you have no recourse. Your stuck with it. Verizon reps are liars and tell you no problems with the phone. Even if free. I am stuck. Verizon corporate knows its junk. Don't fall for it. Battery life, turns itself off, reset and pull the battery daily, skip this phone

Quote Originally Posted by kbb View Post
    Do not get a thunderbolt. Piece of ****. The worst phone with huge problems. Verizon knows but sells it anyway and denies any issues. Tech support sucks. Junk and you have no recourse. Your stuck with it. Verizon reps are liars and tell you no problems with the phone. Even of free. I am stuck. Verizon corporate knows its junk.
    Load up MR2. That's all I can tell you...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

Do not get a thunderbolt. Piece of ****. The worst phone with huge problems. Verizon knows but sells it anyway and denies any issues. Tech support sucks. Junk and you have no recourse. Your stuck with it. Verizon reps are liars and tell you no problems with the phone. Even if free. I am stuck. Verizon corporate knows its junk. Don't fall for it. Battery life, turns itself off, reset and pull the battery daily, skip this phone
    Care to actually substantiate your claims that this phone is junk? I've had no problems with this phone at all. Which leads me to believe you are either a Troll (and a bad one at that) or you just got a very defective unit which i'm sorry to say you should have had exchanged for a new one instead of keeping it. Either way, prove what your saying or kindly **** out.
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 
    thelle7 likes this.

Im not saying your a lieing brah. But when 90% of the community and other communities in a whole say the TB is a good phone besides the battery life than you must have gotten a fluke :/ I wish you luck I suggest water dmg, 100$ is better than having those problems

ROM
    Thundershed W/LeanKernal

Sounds like you got a bad TBolt or suffer from user error. I'm leaning towards the latter. My rooted and ROM'ed TBolt does more than I ever expected.
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 

Three posts. Are the other two as visceral?
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by katnapper View Post
    Sounds like you got a bad TBolt or suffer from user error. I'm leaning towards the latter. My rooted and ROM'ed TBolt does more than I ever expected.
    Amen, same here!

Sent from my BAMF Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

Hrmm...its unlike VZW to drop a phone from $309.99 to $0.00... I would be very surprised if this did indeed come to life.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

I just got my TB a week ago. I'd be pissed if this happened

Verizon doesn't offer price protection, so if this were to materialize you would be giving up unlimited data in exchange for a free TB. It would still be a very good deal, though I find it hard to believe that it would be free. Anyway, buying at $300 a few days before with hopes of getting the $300 back probably isn't the best plan since you would have to be extremely lucky and get an extremely nice person at VZW to be willing to do that.

ROM
    stock

If this is really true, then I guess they figure that they'll make up the difference by over charging on the data plans. Lord knows that the TB can suck down the upcoming monthly data max in no time, if someone uses much multimedia.

Pretty smart. Sucker customers in with a low price, and then nickel and dime them over the course of two years.

I can't imagine VZW doing this, but just remember, if you are an existing customer, this would be an upgrade if you have unlimited data now...you would get the phone free and keep your unlimited data plan....gonna go to the store on Tuesday to check it out...may do the upgrade on the phone depending on what they tell me...