Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

JQRS

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Arrgh... I'm still waiting (impatiently) for 4G LTE in my area (have experienced 4G LTE numerous times when traveling and it's awesome to say the least!). I read that Birmingham was supposed to get it around the time Mobile and Montgomery went live back in May. But the tornados at the end of April destroyed 4 cell towers and damaged others around the Birmingham area causing a major delay. No info as to the actual date now. :(

I feel your pain... I live in bham too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sorullo_xgrx

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It happen to me a week ago. I live in the San Bernardino county, Which is next to LA county. All I knew they were expanding on the areas on July 21 but I guess came early as well.

xhunter187

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It happen to me a week ago. I live in the San Bernardino county, Which is next to LA county. All I knew they were expanding on the areas on July 21 but I guess came early as well.

I know what you mean. I visit my parents in Fontana,CA and noticed my 4G lit up Sunday and Monday while I was down there. It makes streaming Netflix on my Thunderbolt effortless. :)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not scheduled to be in a 4G area for a little while, but I have noticed all day today I've been down to 1X more often than not, just like when they do 4G roll outs. It's been really annoying.

GeneralMC51

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Honolulu had its LTE soft-launched last month. Considering people STILL exclude us from contests (seriously guys, come on!), this is pretty amazing.:cool:

Udis

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My parents have a summer house in honesdale pa and I couldn't believe when I had a 4g signal up there in early june. I can't even get one here at my job in parsippany nj. I could barely get reception in honesdale on my old env2 last summer. The signal wasn't that strong now it seemed but I ran several speedtests at around 15Mbps

Chrisparham

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It wasnt suppose to come to Honolulu before the 21st either but i woke up a couple of weeks ago to an awesome new little icon on my notification bar :) I live in Chattanooga TN and am heading home soon, hope LTE beats me home!

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Little Rock, AR area was promised to get 4G LTE by the end of 2Q. Didn't happen, and it isn't even on the July list. Looks like I'll get to experience it, when I briefly stop in DFW Intl. Airport, then in the Los Angeles, San Diego, and Phoenix areas.

jzamorski

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Im from Lansdale PA and work in West Chester. Neither have 4G, which is so stupid. Philly has it, up til like the fort washington area, and the scranton and lehigh valley have it. state college has it. How about filling in between here folks at Verizon. I use wifi most of the day anyone so its not really a big deal.

rjgula52

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Rumor has it that the update will be tomorrow. Because tomorrow is the date that mobile hot spot is no longer free for the thunderbolt. So they need an update to change that. So I'm guessing they will make both updates into one.

Hope you are correct . We shall see .

Highwaystar131

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I live in a suburb of Grand Rapids, MI (Grandville) and I have yet to see 4G on my phone when at home. The coverage map indicates that I'm in a "4G Extended Coverage Area," but it's so close to full-on 3G areas, it's easy to see why my coverage would be spotty. Hopefully soon the 4G area around my house won't be so spotty and I can get some good 4G coverage.