Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

beetlecrzy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to a 4G symbol this morning in Scranton, PA. The press release said July 21. Is it here to stay or just a test before the real go live date? Anybody else out there with 4G ahead of schedule?

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I live in a town that had the "official" 4G turn-on back in June. I can tell you that I had several 4G sightings prior to that, but they were always temporary until the promised date, at which point 4G is near continuous. I assumed, also, that it was for testing purposes. I would not be surprised if yours is also temporary until July 21.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Arrgh... I'm still waiting (impatiently) for 4G LTE in my area (have experienced 4G LTE numerous times when traveling and it's awesome to say the least!). I read that Birmingham was supposed to get it around the time Mobile and Montgomery went live back in May. But the tornados at the end of April destroyed 4 cell towers and damaged others around the Birmingham area causing a major delay. No info as to the actual date now. :(

rjgula52

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My son called me from Duryea about 8 am & & told me to check my phone here in Swoyersville . Yep , we got 4G LTE . Now when is the update coming ?

Joe Taks

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My son called me from Duryea about 8 am & & told me to check my phone here in Swoyersville . Yep , we got 4G LTE . Now when is the update coming ?
Rumor has it that the update will be tomorrow. Because tomorrow is the date that mobile hot spot is no longer free for the thunderbolt. So they need an update to change that. So I'm guessing they will make both updates into one.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
o wow.. i'm in Plains.. can't believe some of us are so close.. though i'm on sprint, still no WiMax, need to get that LTE switch in the works a little faster

Cubed3

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to make a new post when I saw this one! I'm in North Brunswick, NJ and ever since I first got this phone I haven't gotten 4G because I've been right outside New Brunswick's radius. I know that I woke up this morning without LTE. I came home and didn't notice anything different because my wifi automatically turns on. The weird thing is that I decide to use the Mobile Hotspot for the first time and immediately afterwards, I have 4G?! I was about to call Verizon about this, but I see that 4G LTE isn't new to only me here...anyone else in the New Brunswick, NJ area get 4G when they previous didn't have it?

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had lte since last year (troy,mi) and today i woke up to stronger 4g on my droid charge so i did a speed test. I got 26 mb down, 8 up cobsistently. Before today, i had 2-3 bars and now i have 4-5. And before today, my speeds were about 13 download, 4 upload. I really think verizon did something.

kramercars

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I live in Tiffin Ohio and for the last couple of weeks Fremont Ohio has had 4G continuously and it has never been on any list to get it. needless to say I was pretty pumped when I seen that 4G indicator on my phone !

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wilkes Barre here...ran a speedtest twice now...1.48Mbps down....i hope its going to pick up speed!! Ran the test on my wife's Tbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888