Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

I woke up to a 4G symbol this morning in Scranton, PA. The press release said July 21. Is it here to stay or just a test before the real go live date? Anybody else out there with 4G ahead of schedule?

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

Congrats.......

Are you really awake? Maybe it is a dream! Congrats.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Cool. I am waiting for 4G here in Lexington NC. We are on for July 21 too!

I live in a town that had the "official" 4G turn-on back in June. I can tell you that I had several 4G sightings prior to that, but they were always temporary until the promised date, at which point 4G is near continuous. I assumed, also, that it was for testing purposes. I would not be surprised if yours is also temporary until July 21.

Had it this morning also in Wilkes-Barre, PA! I was very surprised when I saw that nice little 4G icon on my phone!

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I'm in the knoxville area due here the 21st. Hope we get it early.
    Congrats
    Bond32 and Zeutron like this.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Theres your answer. I'm over in Williamsport, and have 4G all around me, just not here. Did get to try it out in State College last week, did a speed test, it was as fast as if not faster than my cable internet at home.

I saw the 4G symbol on and off today in my office. Normally I have to be about a mile closer to the city to get it. Grand Rapids, Mi.

Arrgh... I'm still waiting (impatiently) for 4G LTE in my area (have experienced 4G LTE numerous times when traveling and it's awesome to say the least!). I read that Birmingham was supposed to get it around the time Mobile and Montgomery went live back in May. But the tornados at the end of April destroyed 4 cell towers and damaged others around the Birmingham area causing a major delay. No info as to the actual date now.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Thumbs down Re: Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

My son called me from Duryea about 8 am & & told me to check my phone here in Swoyersville . Yep , we got 4G LTE . Now when is the update coming ?

Quote Originally Posted by rjgula52 View Post
    My son called me from Duryea about 8 am & & told me to check my phone here in Swoyersville . Yep , we got 4G LTE . Now when is the update coming ?
    Rumor has it that the update will be tomorrow. Because tomorrow is the date that mobile hot spot is no longer free for the thunderbolt. So they need an update to change that. So I'm guessing they will make both updates into one.

We got it in Indianapolis. Loving it. 14up 11down

o wow.. i'm in Plains.. can't believe some of us are so close.. though i'm on sprint, still no WiMax, need to get that LTE switch in the works a little faster
    Phone: T-Mobile HTC One
    Root Method: ....
    Recovery: ....
    Kernel: ....
    Rom: ....

I living Grand Rapids area also. It it hit or miss for me. But it's been changed over for about a month or so now.

I was just about to make a new post when I saw this one! I'm in North Brunswick, NJ and ever since I first got this phone I haven't gotten 4G because I've been right outside New Brunswick's radius. I know that I woke up this morning without LTE. I came home and didn't notice anything different because my wifi automatically turns on. The weird thing is that I decide to use the Mobile Hotspot for the first time and immediately afterwards, I have 4G?! I was about to call Verizon about this, but I see that 4G LTE isn't new to only me here...anyone else in the New Brunswick, NJ area get 4G when they previous didn't have it?

ROM
    Stock Unrooted (for now)

I had lte since last year (troy,mi) and today i woke up to stronger 4g on my droid charge so i did a speed test. I got 26 mb down, 8 up cobsistently. Before today, i had 2-3 bars and now i have 4-5. And before today, my speeds were about 13 download, 4 upload. I really think verizon did something.

I live in Tiffin Ohio and for the last couple of weeks Fremont Ohio has had 4G continuously and it has never been on any list to get it. needless to say I was pretty pumped when I seen that 4G indicator on my phone !

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Wilkes Barre here...ran a speedtest twice now...1.48Mbps down....i hope its going to pick up speed!! Ran the test on my wife's Tbolt.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

My area is not even on the release calendar for this year.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Arrgh... I'm still waiting (impatiently) for 4G LTE in my area (have experienced 4G LTE numerous times when traveling and it's awesome to say the least!). I read that Birmingham was supposed to get it around the time Mobile and Montgomery went live back in May. But the tornados at the end of April destroyed 4 cell towers and damaged others around the Birmingham area causing a major delay. No info as to the actual date now.
    I feel your pain... I live in bham too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by bed269 View Post
    I'm in the knoxville area due here the 21st. Hope we get it early.
    Congrats
    Me too! I can't wait.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

It happen to me a week ago. I live in the San Bernardino county, Which is next to LA county. All I knew they were expanding on the areas on July 21 but I guess came early as well.

Thumbs up Re: Anybody else with new 4G LTE today? (7/5/11)

Quote Originally Posted by sorullo_xgrx View Post
    It happen to me a week ago. I live in the San Bernardino county, Which is next to LA county. All I knew they were expanding on the areas on July 21 but I guess came early as well.
    I know what you mean. I visit my parents in Fontana,CA and noticed my 4G lit up Sunday and Monday while I was down there. It makes streaming Netflix on my Thunderbolt effortless.

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

I'm not scheduled to be in a 4G area for a little while, but I have noticed all day today I've been down to 1X more often than not, just like when they do 4G roll outs. It's been really annoying.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast