Tier 2 Verizon Tech Rep Says July 15th

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to give everyone a definition: Tier 1 Tech Support is actually Customer Care. Tier 2 is just standard Tech Support.

And the document we have just says mid July. Could be the 15th, plus or minus a day or two.

Keep in mind that time frame is tentative and very much subject to change, otherwise we would have already had the update by now.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh he said another maintenance update will be pushed separately from that to just address the Verizon bloatware issues.

That would be really nice if we are finally able to uninstall all the bloatware without having to root the devise. I think Verizon should pay us for not being able to uninstall that crap that we don't use they stick on the phones just because they are paid to put it their if we are not given the choice of uninstalling. I have my fingers crossed for the mid July date. Got 26 hours up time before I had a reboot yesterday almost a record for me lol. Usually its like every hour to three hours my phone reboots.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh he said another maintenance update will be pushed separately from that to just address the Verizon bloatware issues.

That's when you know that they are lying to you. Nothing is going to be done about uninstalling bloatware, and to me, that's the only way you solve bloatware issues.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
That would be really nice if we are finally able to uninstall all the bloatware without having to root the devise. I think Verizon should pay us for not being able to uninstall that crap that we don't use they stick on the phones just because they are paid to put it their if we are not given the choice of uninstalling. I have my fingers crossed for the mid July date. Got 26 hours up time before I had a reboot yesterday almost a record for me lol. Usually its like every hour to three hours my phone reboots.
Think of it this way: If they didn't get all that revenue from having bloatware pre-installed, they would have to charge you more for the phone. So in a way they are paying you for having it.

Potential non-root solution (maybe): When I was having problems with my TB, they did a factory reset while I was at the store. As it was resetting and reinstalling stuff, I opened the market just as the blockbuster app was starting to download, and it let me stop the download. I still have the icon, but I think the app didn't install all the way. I'm not sure what would have happened if I tried to stop the download before it even started, but perhaps that's a way to keep bloatware out. I'm also not entirely sure it didn't download fully later, as I'm afraid to try to open that godforsaken app.

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to give everyone a definition: Tier 1 Tech Support is actually Customer Care. Tier 2 is just standard Tech Support.

And the document we have just says mid July. Could be the 15th, plus or minus a day or two.

Keep in mind that time frame is tentative and very much subject to change, otherwise we would have already had the update by now.

exactly the same answer I got today from verizon. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a mid July...

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

The issue I have with Verizon's bloatware is that they put it on the phone to begin with -- AND MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE.

If the "fix" is not DELETING that crap - who cares?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

BINGO!!! THAT'S WHAT HOLDING EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!

Verizon has put EVERYTHING ELSE on HOLD; the reboot problem, the shutting off problem, the GPS problem, SKYPE, Gingerbread, EVERYTHING...........they have redirected ALL of their resources to the bloatware issues.

Verizon has their priorities, they will work on NOTHING ELSE until their bloatware issues have been resolved.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Why does ANYONE think reps from any cell phone carrier actually KNOW anything???

They don't know anything.... and IMHO they just report the Rumors they hear at work.

rporterfield

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Think of it this way: If they didn't get all that revenue from having bloatware pre-installed, they would have to charge you more for the phone. So in a way they are paying you for having it.

I don't have a problem with them adding the software to the phone to get revenue from the software vendors. PC manufacturers have been doing that for decades. What I do have a problem with is not being unable to install in if I am never going to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz