Poor Service, Product

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So ungodly sick of this phone. The thing reboots like crazy. I flash a custom ROM and radio and 75% of the day I'm on 1x. Can't even get 3g. My fiance is on the incredible and she has almost 4 bars 3g. I feel like I'm being robbed of ky money. Verizon is taking their sweet a$$ time fixing the issues. Won't give any credit for lost time waiting for signal. Seriously contemplating ending my relationship with Verizon as a customer. Sell stuff that works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need to flash a different radio to your phone. The ones with MR2 should fix your reboot and data issues.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Put it back to stock, then see if you still have problems, if you do, Verizon should replace it for free under warranty. If replacement has problems, call in again and again. Sooner or later, they should offer to switch you to a different phone for free.

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Put it back to stock, then see if you still have problems, if you do, Verizon should replace it for free under warranty. If replacement has problems, call in again and again. Sooner or later, they should offer to switch you to a different phone for free.

Just remember to unroot it before you send it in....

Also, did you do a wipe when you flashed the ROM? I know sometimes if you don't it can cause problems.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
FYI bars have nothing to do with your 3g signal

also..

if you so unhappy, get a new phone or switch carriers

thanks

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused.

If the phone is that bad, then why wouldn't you return it within the first couple of days during the exchange period. Why put up with it?

If this just suddenly started happening, then it is defective. Get it replaced.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No idea why people keep telling others to root, flash their phones. Not everyone would do that, they do not want to do that, they do not want to learn to do that. It is reasonable to ask for a product to work right the way they got it and get fixes on time.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No idea why people keep telling others to root, flash their phones. Not everyone would do that, they do not want to do that, they do not want to learn to do that. It is reasonable to ask for a product to work right the way they got it and get fixes on time.

I hear ya and agree. I didn't want to be forced to root my phone just to get it to work right out of the box. Fortunately, I've had no problems. If I had, I would have returned it and gotten a different phone. I'm not sure why people suffer through a "pos" phone when they can just get a different one.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So did this guy have issues starting out when he got the phone? Or did his issues start when he flashed a custom ROM? Just trying to clarify Fadepoint89's post.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Maybe you have a defective or improper battery cover? If the antenna contacts are broken or.something, you will.experience bad reception.

I am not having those troubles, so just a thought...

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So ungodly sick of this phone. The thing reboots like crazy. I flash a custom ROM and radio and 75% of the day I'm on 1x. Can't even get 3g. My fiance is on the incredible and she has almost 4 bars 3g. I feel like I'm being robbed of ky money. Verizon is taking their sweet a$$ time fixing the issues. Won't give any credit for lost time waiting for signal. Seriously contemplating ending my relationship with Verizon as a customer. Sell stuff that works.

The moment you flashed a custom ROM, you took the responsibility out of Verizon's hands and into your own. Go back to 100% stock (exactly as the phone came out of the box). If the phone still has the same issues, then Verizon will replace it for you. But if not, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone had problems when I installed the OTA update. Now ever since then its been having problems. I flashed the mr2 radio and it never rebooted but agnal drops like crazy. I've tried like 4 different roms and it still is horrible. I shouldn't have to flash roms and radios and kernels just to make a 600 dollar phone work. As far as the person that said: "if you don't like it buy a different phone or switch carriers."

Smartphones are expensive. If I buy a phone I expect it to work. If I were to swirl h carriers then I have to pay early termination fees. I'm not made of money.

Bottom line. If I buy a phone... it should work. It's just plain ridiculous.

jayven

May 5, 2011
Visit site

You're absolutely correct, but the original poster DID root his phone, so root-related commentary is probably appropriate here.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had the tb since launch. Never had ne probs til Verizon's update. Then I had reboot, freezes, and the thing would just shut off, even with full battery. After the 4 tb, I've decided to change phones. It's bad when you cant make a call without it turning off or rebooting. I know its the software, but like others have said, I shouldn't have to root to make a $600 phone work. But like I said, I NEVER had a problem until Verizon sent a faulty update out.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
The phone had problems when I installed the OTA update. Now ever since then its been having problems. I flashed the mr2 radio and it never rebooted but agnal drops like crazy. I've tried like 4 different roms and it still is horrible. I shouldn't have to flash roms and radios and kernels just to make a 600 dollar phone work. As far as the person that said: "if you don't like it buy a different phone or switch carriers."

Smartphones are expensive. If I buy a phone I expect it to work. If I were to swirl h carriers then I have to pay early termination fees. I'm not made of money.

Bottom line. If I buy a phone... it should work. It's just plain ridiculous.

contact verizon, they should give you a replacement or give you another phone. At the very least they will let you out of contract.

you need to work with them, complaining here wont help your problem.

in my opinion, this is the best phone out there. Only slight issue is battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty