The Boot or Drop?

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
First, let me begin by saying, i love my Thunderbolt (see signature), and I don't have any plans of changing, so this is not meant to be a TB bash or a "woe is me" post. I simply want to get everyone's (all whom are affected) take/vote on, what i consider to be the biggest issues with the phone, and which people feel to be the biggest pain in the "battery cover." NAMELY:
1.) The 4G to No Network issue
2.) The Reboots
(I know some of you would include the battery issue, but that is nothing new, and was said to be a factor before the phone's initial release. So, for the sake of surprise issues, i didn't include it)

Personally, i vote the 4/3G to no network issue. The reboots (knock on wood) generally don't happen that often, and when they do, its usually at a time of day that I'm not using my phone much. HOWEVER, the network issue is something that is happening more and more often, and i'm afraid that i'm going to have to cave in and do as the VZW rep said, and perform a master reset to SEE if that resolves the issue. Yes, i could use the wi-fi when available, but why should i have to constantly toggle between 4G - 3G - no network to wi-fi, when I'm in a 4G market? It affects the usage of my browsing experience and my hot-spot, which are two of this phones biggest/best features. That is just my take, but i know everyone's different. What's your's?

sent from my NC /taptalk via Droid Nook Color

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Another useless thread. These issues have been debated ad nauseam on these forums. No one cares for a vote. Twiddle your phone's imaginary lady parts and go troll elsewhere.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Another useless thread. These issues have been debated ad nauseam on these forums. No one cares for a vote. Twiddle your phone's imaginary lady parts and go troll elsewhere.

It may be useless to you and that is fine you just don't need to reply the way you did.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Boston88, is it that I'm a Lakers fan that has you so upset?
Maybe...just maybe...had you read (and maybe you can't read...I don't know) my post, you would have realized that it was only geared for those with those two specific issues.
Personally, about a month ago, I hadn't any issues with my phone, and it all just started happening at once. So hopefully, even a Celtics fan can understand my frustration. If not, then you don't have to read it (assuming you can) and you certainly don't have to respond.

Sent via TapaTalk on my HTC Thunderbolt. Yep...that just happened ...

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've found that MR2 and MR2.5 both fix LTE/wifi handoff issues. And much better for reboots compared to mr1 as well ...

If you are having reboots on mr1 or lte/wifi problems, time to root!

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no real reboot issues, per se. It has only rebooted twice on me. Granted, it was bad timeing as my daughter was getting her diploma and I was trying to video it.

The network thing is a total pain in the a$$ though. It is intermittent, bat again seems to be bad timing. Not something that happens a lot to me but it does happen and usually when you need to look something up, navigating etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech